How much does Sportsline cost for Fantasy Football

ACor58

FWIW, we have used fanball for the pas 4 years, and have never had a problem, and its only $60 compared to $120. I used sportsline when it was free, and dont see a difference between www.fanball.com and sportline fantasy comissioner.

Make use of my research.

CBS.Sportsline $150+ - The highest quality FF league manager out there though

Fanball $59 - Great, but they put ads on your screen

ESPN FF - it sucks, I don't know the price and don't care

myfantasyleague.com $79 - (this is what I use) its pretty good, but there is a learning curve because setting up the league is not super easy. took some time to figuere out what all the commish options/controls do. however their tch support team is great and have been helpful to me when i needed it.

Gotta go with yahoo. To me still the best and at the right price. FREE. Unless you pay 8.99 a month for up to date stats. Its not really worth it though.

727959[/snapback]

If you just want to play, yahoo is fine. But if you need a commissioner service, ie-you have your own rules, own schedule, own playoff settings, then you need to pay for a service.

In regards to fanball, yes there are ads, but they arent obnoxious or anything. just your typical side banner ads. Personally, i'll take a few small ads on the screen to save almost $100.

If you just want to play, yahoo is fine. But if you need a commissioner service, ie-you have your own rules, own schedule, own playoff settings, then you need to pay for a service.

In regards to fanball, yes there are ads, but they arent obnoxious or anything. just your typical side banner ads. Personally, i'll take a few small ads on the screen to save almost $100.

727974[/snapback]

I mat be mistaken but Yahoo does have all of those commissioner settings. You make your own point values and rules.

I mat be mistaken but Yahoo does have all of those commissioner settings. You make your own point values and rules.

728074[/snapback]

I'm not knocking yahoo at all, it just depends on how mch control you want over your league. Yahoo is great for people who have a bunch of friends who just want to play and dont care too much about running a league. We use fanball because we like tocustomize things even more.

our league is split into divisions, has a schedule my buddy makes every year, with more divisional games, we have a waivers claim system for free agents, instead of the first person to log on gets him.

It all comes down to how much control you want over the league. If a little is all you need, my recommendation is yahoo. If you want more, use fanball. IMO, sportsline is NOT worth the extra $$$.

I'm not knocking yahoo at all, it just depends on how mch control you want over your league. Yahoo is great for people who have a bunch of friends who just want to play and dont care too much about running a league. We use fanball because we like tocustomize things even more.

our league is split into divisions, has a schedule my buddy makes every year, with more divisional games, we have a waivers claim system for free agents, instead of the first person to log on gets him.

It all comes down to how much control you want over the league. If a little is all you need, my recommendation is yahoo. If you want more, use fanball. IMO, sportsline is NOT worth the extra $$$.

728094[/snapback]

The way are waiver wire is set is by the last team who picks has the last chance to grab another player. Example if Randy Moss gets dropped and i am 5th in line to grab him and you are 4th it doesnt matter if i actually made the transaction first you would get him. It keeps from everyone just grabbing players. Now free agency is different.

Anyway how many people do you have per league? If you actually set up divisions.

The way are waiver wire is set is by the last team who picks has the last chance to grab another player. Example if Randy Moss gets dropped and i am 5th in line to grab him and you are 4th it doesnt matter if i actually made the transaction first you would get him. It keeps from everyone just grabbing players. Now free agency is different.

Anyway how many people do you have per league? If you actually set up divisions.

728106[/snapback]

We have a 12 team league, 3 divisions of 4, just to spice things up. I know that the yahoo waiver wire is fair, but our league treats FA's as being on waivers. I dont like that if Jim Jones has a good game, he goes to the first guy able to log onto the league website. Our league is going into our 12th year this season, which isnt bas considering we started it in 9th grade. in all that time, we have tweaked the rules to be the most fair for everyone playing.

Our free agent dibs rules take into accoutn whether or not you made a move the previous week. (our league limits roster acquisition to 1 per week, made like a waivers claim), along with your current record. This prevents the real sh------- teams from geting the best FA's every week.

We have a 12 team league, 3 divisions of 4, just to spice things up. I know that the yahoo waiver wire is fair, but our league treats FA's as being on waivers. I dont like that if Jim Jones has a good game, he goes to the first guy able to log onto the league website. Our league is going into our 12th year this season, which isnt bas considering we started it in 9th grade. in all that time, we have tweaked the rules to be the most fair for everyone playing.

Our free agent dibs rules take into accoutn whether or not you made a move the previous week. (our league limits roster acquisition to 1 per week, made like a waivers claim), along with your current record. This prevents the real sh------- teams from geting the best FA's every week.

728134[/snapback]

That does sound good. I also do not like the fact that if someone has a blow up game the first guy online grabs him. I would like to omit that from our league. We have had the same league for 6 seasons. We finally got a steady group to do a keeper league. Got to change up my drafts style now. Dont worry I am not going DB,DL,DB,DB.

That does sound good. I also do not like the fact that if someone has a blow up game the first guy online grabs him. I would like to omit that from our league. We have had the same league for 6 seasons. We finally got a steady group to do a keeper league. Got to change up my drafts style now. Dont worry I am not going DB,DL,DB,DB.

728138[/snapback]

We've got 3 originals left from the 1st year, and 3 more from the 3rd year. out fo the other 6, about 4 have been in for 4-5 years. Usually theres a turnover of 1-2 owners every season. If we cant find a 12th, we'll drop down to 10 teams if necessary.

Make use of my research.

CBS.Sportsline $150+ - The highest quality FF league manager out there though

Fanball $59 - Great, but they put ads on your screen

ESPN FF - it sucks, I don't know the price and don't care

myfantasyleague.com $79 - (this is what I use) its pretty good, but there is a learning curve because setting up the league is not super easy. took some time to figuere out what all the commish options/controls do. however their tch support team is great and have been helpful to me when i needed it.

727928[/snapback]

We have used CBS for three years and this will be the fourth - never had a problem - well worth the bucks

They drown you in information