Holiday Inn Hamburg is sold out for Sat night

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Where is the Red Roof? We still haven't made reservations...I guess we thought we could wait it out a while, but it looks like this might be the best option. I'm staying at the Tally Ho-Tel for the Bengals preseason game, but I have a feeling that my mom would prefer to stay somewhere a bit nicer when she's with us for the opener.

Where is the Red Roof?  We still haven't made reservations...I guess we thought we could wait it out a while, but it looks like this might be the best option.  I'm staying at the Tally Ho-Tel for the Bengals preseason game, but I have a feeling that my mom would prefer to stay somewhere a bit nicer when she's with us for the opener.

727074[/snapback]

It's right in that cluster of hotels on Camp Road - Holiday Inn, Red Roof, Days Inn, and Tally Ho. I know the Days Inn is a bit of a dive - truck stop and attached bowling alley :D The H.I. was nice - stayed there the prior 2 years. Don't know about how the Red Roof & Tally-Ho compare.

It's right in that cluster of hotels on Camp Road - Holiday Inn, Red Roof, Days Inn, and Tally Ho.  I know the Days Inn is a bit of a dive - truck stop and attached bowling alley :D  The H.I. was nice - stayed there the prior 2 years.  Don't know about how the Red Roof & Tally-Ho compare.

727099[/snapback]

I'd say the Tally-Ho is comparable to the Day's Inn, in terms of quality of rooms. The advantage is that it's cheap, so only using it as a place to crash is fine.

I'd say the Tally-Ho is comparable to the Day's Inn, in terms of quality of rooms. The advantage is that it's cheap, so only using it as a place to crash is fine.

727144[/snapback]

Red Roof website says this hotel has been totally refurbed. I guess I'll see in 2 months.

I liked it better when we got a group rate...

Red Roof website says this hotel has been totally refurbed.  I guess I'll see in 2 months.

I liked it better when we got a group rate...

727151[/snapback]

$89/night is just about what we paid at the HI previous years. And how often are you actually in your room anyways.

Just looked at the HI webpage, if you book Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday there are rooms available, at around $160/night.

And how often are you actually in your room anyways.

727159[/snapback]

True - we usually check in then head out to Danny's til the wee hours then grab 3-4 hrs sleep before heading to the 'gate.

So I'll be at the Red Roof  :D

$89/night.

727063[/snapback]

We're at the Red Roof too. Since we're there for two nights, the Holiday Inn was too much for my tastes for both nights.