Sportsline Fantasy Football

CarolinaBills

Has anyone been on CBS Sportsline for a fantasy football draft?  They have the Bills D/ST rated number one.

723540[/snapback]

Right now they should be middle of the pack, considering we hvae two many question marks and unknowns on the D....a rookie SS, a rookie CB at the nickel position, 2 new starting DTs....still a unknown at the other DE position.....I guess the Bills STs ranking is playing a lot here.....

STs do contribute quite a bit of points to the defenseive rankings in Fantasy football...BUt I still think the STeelers and Ravens D are much better than the bills.

I've found Sportsline rankings to be very questionable.  Good example here.

723541[/snapback]

Not necessarily from a fantasy perspective. Fantasy Defenses/ST's are usually based on 3 things: turnovers, sacks and TD's. The Bills D tied for 11th in the league in total turnovers created, 13th in sacks. Now the Bills D only scored 2 TD's last season, but lets say that improves slightly, to 3 or 4. Add in possibly 3-5 ST TD's and you are talking 6-9 d/ST TD's on the season. Thats enough to rank our D pretty high in terms of fantasy standards. #1? probably not, but from a straight up fantasysports point of view, our D can be good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.