Wear your seat belts

LewPort71

I have the  full insurance package so that'll be OK..But there might be  a hassle because the other guy might not have it...Anyways,,we'll see how this process goes...

Mrs. Lew is OK and that is the key thing,,,She is sore today...

Next vehicle >>> Honda  Fit ???

LOL

Probably a Toyota...We have had Camrys in the past and have been satisfied..

720366[/snapback]

I bought the 07 Camry LE. I love it. Great gas mileage too. A little on the weak side as far as initial pick me up but once you're up to 30 or so it picks up great for merging onto the highway and such.

Glad your wife is ok too...

Thanks for the good infor about the Camry..

Camry is VERY high on my list...

Well,,, Mrs. Lew's list as she is gonna be the driver..

And thanks for the good wishes...The seat belt //air bag combination

sure did what it is supposed to do

She is very fortunate...in any vehicle, a frontal 55 mph crash generally causes catastrophic deceleration forces regardless of vehicle construction.

Perhaps the mph was less - I would think the other fellow would have been thrust rightward to his demise.

720612[/snapback]

The 55 moph number was a guess onn her part...The State Troopers report will have the 'impact' speed...Nonetheless, the air bag (no, not Mrs. Lew) and the seat belt were very effective and provided a favorable result

This is absolutly not the definition or meaning of a "no-fault" state. In fact, it is an overused term that refers to first party PIP/MedPay coverage. (meaning, regardless of who is at fault, you can use your medical coverage so you don't have to wait for the other company to accept liability). But, there is no state in the nation in which someone can TRULY rear-end someone else (meaning, we know that is what happened, or there is no dispute, or a police report confirms, or a witness saw it, or points of impact confirm it, or any number of things) where liability would be split 50/50. If that's what your agent and/or adjuster told you, you need to find a new agent and/or adjuster.

"No-Fault" acutaully refers to the actually PIP coverage, meaning the victim is paid by their own insurance company for thier injuries (and possibly loss of income).

720503[/snapback]

A guy ran a red ligt and I T-boned him. I had a witness that stated it was all his fault. Next day I had whiplash. Went to the hospital to get x-rays. Told them it was no-fault with the accident report # and I never saw a bill.

LewPort 71's wife was probably going slower than 55, since he said she slammed on the brakes.

The 55 moph number was a guess onn  her part...The State Troopers  report will have the 'impact'  speed...Nonetheless, the air bag (no, not Mrs. Lew) and the seat belt were very effective and provided a favorable result

720726[/snapback]

What was the fate of the other fellow?

Even a lesser-than-55 mph hit would make him fly across the cabin in the direction of impact as his vehicle got displaced in the direction of your wife's strike.

The lack of any serious injury in an at-speed T-bone is hard to fathom...

Hmm...2 to 5...

Update....

It has been a week since the accident...Mrs. Lew has very few seatbelt marks remaining...and the soreness is gone...

The insurance co. 'totaled' the van and we have received 80% of the $$. The remaining 20% will be sent when they get the title , which was mailed Friday....and the $$ amount is more than we expected...YAY.

New vehicle >> an acquaintance has a used Avalon that is loaded and the $$ they asked for is reasonable. She will test drive it on Sunday night (they are out of town this weekend) and if she likes it, we will buy it.

Gotta go buy a new vehicle....

Mrs. Lew totaled the van Friday night...She is ok,,,seatbelts ,,airbag,,,Toyota safety engineering saved the day.....Now if she could have avoided the old fart who , from the RH lane on the Interstate, tried to turn LEFT into the median in an effort to turn around in the lil road marked for "Emergency Vehicles Only".....and Mrs. Lew then broadsided the guy going ~ 55 mph after a futile braking attempt....

plus the guy had no Insurance card,, the license plate did not match the registration number and the guy appeared not to be in good driving condition...Not drunk, but seemed 'challenged'...

We are gonna get screwed in this situation.

The van was a 1999 Sienna,,,just getting 'broken in', too...Only had 249,992 miles on it.....

720341[/snapback]

I started delivering pies a few months ago on Friday Nights. $100 extra a night helps. Unfortunately I have developed the habit of not putting the belt on. At this point it's completely asinine not to. Story's like this reinforce that, and I’m very happy to hear your wife was ok. My girl got in a freeway accident a few years back and she’s still a little paranoid of semis