Nall Most Impressive?

Yeah. Do you think that I am trying to hide something?  :lol:  :doh:

Nah, I was just messing with you. You're absolutely right to place so much importance on the offensive line. I was just amused with the phrase "other positions of need" because I knew--knew exactly what part of the team you had in mind. :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm behind JP 100%, but there's really no "downside" to Nall performing well in camp. I'd much rather have them all playing well  as oppsed to only one of them.

717814[/snapback]

There is a downside though, and that is that if Nall does as well as Losman and then challenges Losman going into the season (cause lets face it, Losman will start), the Bills could potentially have a QB controversey that could ultimately rip the team apart worse than last years did.

Just an opinion, and a damn good one if you ask me. But everybody thinks their opinion is a good one.

2002          G  GS ATT COM %  YDS  YPA  TD  INT  QBR

Bledsoe     

Bills          16 16 610 375 61.5 4359 7.15  24  15  86.0

Pennington

Jets            15 12 399 275 68.9 3120 7.82  22  6    104.2

Maddox

Steelers      15 11 377 234 62.1 2836 7.52  20 16  85.2

McNair

Titans        16 16 492 301 61.2 3387 6.88  22 15    84.0

Couch?...you can't be serious.

Pennington & Maddox did not start the 1st 4 & 3 games respectively.  This means that at vote time for the pro-bowl they had probably played only 7 & 8 games.

I think there is an arguement that their seasons were more worthy than DBs but his stats at the time of voting would have looked awesome....it would not have included the last 5 games.

Like many at the time I viewed McNair as a lesser talent & in hindsight I feel he should have made the PB that season. 

Personally I feel that Bledsoes awesome 1st half blinded many at the time(myself included).

718426[/snapback]

Yeah, like I said above, I doubt that he would've been chosen if the voting was held at the end of the season. I remember watching that Pro Bowl game, and it really was ridiculous to see Drew on the field that day after his brutal 2nd-half-of-the-season meltdown.

Bottom line, Drew's 1st-half stats were great on paper, but his 2nd-half performance was typically dismal. ..as usual, just not good enough to get the job done.

There is a downside though, and that is that if Nall does as well as Losman and then challenges Losman going into the season (cause lets face it, Losman will start), the Bills could potentially have a QB controversey that could ultimately rip the team apart worse than last years did.

Just an opinion, and a damn good one if you ask me. But everybody thinks their opinion is a good one.

718851[/snapback]

You're right....that was a fuggin GREAT opinion....nice job :lol:

I hear what you're saying, but I think that's a risk we should be willing to take. I agree that JP is the likely starter, but having Nall breathing down his back could be a good thing, too. I want a qb with some balls, who will respond to pressure situations....not wilt in their midst. If Nall's presence is enough to cause JP to tank it, then JP deserves to lose his spot. This may come as a surprise to some, but I consider Bledsoe a weak-minded QB who folds like an accordian when you pressure him or when the game is on the line. One of RJ's nuts weighed more than Bledsoe's entire sack, RJ just didn't have enough talent to back up his balls. I want a guy with RJs balls, but with more talent. That man could very well be Mr. Jonathan P. Losman.