jamal lewis reaches plea agreement

Ravens | Police & Courts: Jamal Lewis to Spend 4-6 Months in Prison - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:15:18 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, Jeff Barker and Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, report Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis has reached a plea bargain in his drug conspiracy case under which the veteran running back will face four to six months in prison. Lewis will likely begin serving his term following the season. He will not have to go to trial in November, where he could have faced up to 10 years in prison, if convicted. Lewis could also face significant punishment from the NFL - potentially a suspension of more than a year and/or an extensive fine - based on the league's substance-abuse policy.

Will be interesting to see what the league does, and if they do it this year or next year. Hard to imagine them not suspending him for a long period of time.

Of course, he is a star player. :)

Will be interesting to see what the league does, and if they do it this year or next year. Hard to imagine them not suspending him for a long period of time.

Of course, he is a star player.  :)

53299[/snapback]

They're saving the real big penalty for Jake Plummer. His actions are the ones that are dangerous to the NFL.

They're saving the real big penalty for Jake Plummer.  His actions are the ones that are dangerous to the NFL.

53405[/snapback]

Maybe, but you have to truly understand where the NFL is coming from on this one. Plummer and Tillman were teammates in college and the pros. If the NFL doesn't nip this one in the bud, what is to stop MORE players from paying small, personal, heartfelt tributes to true American heroes. The entire integrity of the game and league may be jeopardized.

Of course, he is a star player.  :)

53299[/snapback]

One Lewis already got off in Baltimore

If I were to sell Cocain to kids and parents and make a whole lot of money off it, I wonder if the court system would wait for me to retire before I have to serve my jail sentance, assuming of course that I get caught.

To the judge who agreed or the pros. Jail is not..." hey do you think you could fit this into your schedule" Jail is punishment and is to take you away from your freedom.

Ths upsets me