Baby Joe Mesi

Frez

Anyone see the fight last night? I forgot all about it and missed it. I heard he looked heavy and wasn't very sharp. He still has a very impressive record.

From ESPN 2

MONTREAL -- Former heavyweight contender Joe Mesi posted his second win since returning from a head injury, easily outpointing Stephane Tessier on Friday night.

Mesi (31-0, 25 knockouts) was carrying more weight at 239 pounds than in his days as the No. 1 ranked contender in 2004 and looked rusty against the portly but tenacious Tessier (3-8).

Two judges scored the fight 60-54 for Mesi and the other had him up 59-55.

Mesi landed by far the most punches and was never in trouble.

Mesi returned to the ring with a win in Puerto Rico after a U.S. court overturned an indefinite injury suspension imposed by the Nevada State boxing commission. Mesi had suffered bleeding on the brain during a bout with Vassily Jirov in New York in 2004.

Mesi was supposed to fight some bum named Donald Frank but he had visa problems and coludn't get into Canada. They found Tessier in a bar in Montreal on Thursday Night and he agreed to fight Baby Joe for a case of Molson Export and a giant box of TimBits. I hope Mesi realizes he would get seriously hurt or killed if he ever fights someone halfway decent.