NFL Films...

SDS

I like to complain as much about things as anyone, lord knows...call me nuts, I still love NFL films. We Bills fans sure hate just about everything...

If I am flipping channels, and one is on (no matter how many times I have seen it) I am transfixed. It isn't NFL films fault that ESPN Classic, and apparently NFL Television (I am one of the unlucky ones without- friggin' Time Warner!) show the same ones, over and over...

Tune into ESPN Classic late Saturday nights, during football season, and they show these great re-broadcasts of highlight shows from the 1960's and 197o's...very cool stuff. It is kind of cool, in 2006, to see higlights of all of the NFL games, from week 6 of the 1969 NFL season. I love this stuff!

Is anyone else disappointed at the worthless films being produced by the NFL these days? Can someone tell me what is the point of of showing a shot so close that only a player's sphincter remains on the screen? It is all just a series of absurdly tight shots that give you no reference to what is happening and to make matters worse - they will pick one play and show it 5 times with 5 different horrible closeups.

They used to be the greatest films made (and arguably one of the reasons the NFL became so successful) - now they suck as bad as ESPN.

711730[/snapback]

They are trying to stretch 20 minutes of good footage into a full length feature film every time out. Watered down junk. Pretty HD picture, but incredibly boring. Times are changing, it wouldn't hurt them to throw in more back story and analysis. I mean how many slow motion angles of Robert Royal dropping an easy pass do you need to get the point?