Hey you DC/Northern VA people

Mrs. GBID will be attending a 3-day conference at the Crystal City Marriott in July. They have a special offer for the conference members to stay at the hotel for the long weekend after the conference, so I decided to fly up for Friday-Saturday-Sunday to join her. Damn, I'm romantic. :huh:

Anyone familiar with this hotel? It seems nice enough.

Is it really connected to the Washington Subway Station?

Good neighborhood?

Good restaurants in the area?

How far from Reagan Airport?

Ask 30Dive, he can make recommendations :huh:

Mrs. GBID will be attending a 3-day conference at the Crystal City Marriott in July. They have a special offer for the conference members to stay at the hotel for the long weekend after the conference, so I decided to fly up for Friday-Saturday-Sunday to join her. Damn, I'm romantic. :)

Good neighborhood?

711296[/snapback]

Mrs. GBID will be attending a 3-day conference at the Crystal City Marriott in July. They have a special offer for the conference members to stay at the hotel for the long weekend after the conference, so I decided to fly up for Friday-Saturday-Sunday to join her. Damn, I'm romantic. :huh:

Good neighborhood?

711296[/snapback]

Yes, Crystal City is a Metro stop. The Marriott, as I recall, is right next to one of the subway entrances.

Good neighborhood...Crystal City is basically office buildings above, an underground strip mall below. I don't think much happens after 5pm or so through most of it.

Some good restaurants - there's an Irish pub on 20th St that's pretty good, and shows Bills games regularly. Legal Sea Food next to it. Ruth Chris's Steak House somewhere in there. Plenty of others.

http://crystalcity.com/