What do you think of borders?

Funny how healthcare wasn't a right when it was nothing more than leeches and drilling a hole in one's skull. Now that medical science has improved...SHAZAM....it should be free for everybody. Wake me up when anyone has the balls do discuss society's role in preventing the herd from overbreeding because disease and war don't kill enough people anymore...

711734[/snapback]

Yet birth control = bad.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how healthcare wasn't a right when it was nothing more than leeches and drilling a hole in one's skull. Now that medical science has improved...SHAZAM....it should be free for everybody. Wake me up when anyone has the balls do discuss society's role in preventing the herd from overbreeding because disease and war don't kill enough people anymore...

711734[/snapback]

I'm game.

People in the west are FAR too coddled. Take indoor plumbing, for example. What percentage of Asian or African residents actually have it, do you think?

We're soft as a country, and it's all because of social liberals, feminists and entitlement-minded slackers.

Says who, besides some looney Catholics? Birth control is only bad when it doesn't work.

711756[/snapback]

Looney Republicans. Check out all the abstinence-only education that's being promoted. They literally want to strike any record of birth control from textbooks, except to say that it doesn't work.

Looney Republicans.  Check out all the abstinence-only education that's being promoted.  They literally want to strike any record of birth control from textbooks, except to say that it doesn't work.

711801[/snapback]

Some looney Republicans. The abstinence-only education that some Republicans promote is only a reaction to the 'if it feels good do it' education that some looney Democrats push on kids at younger and younger ages. Personally I think they should stick to teaching about the plumbing and how it all works. Throw in some knowledge about the disease and that if you can't be abstinent then condoms are your friend. That's about it. If some kids are too fuggin dumb to figure that out, well, isn't that what Darwin's Law is all about?

Some looney Republicans. The abstinence-only education that some Republicans promote is only a reaction to the 'if it feels good do it' education that some looney Democrats push on kids at younger and younger ages. Personally I think they should stick to teaching about the plumbing and how it all works. Throw in some knowledge about the disease and that if you can't be abstinent then condoms are your friend. That's about it. If some kids are too fuggin dumb to figure that out, well, isn't that what Darwin's Law is all about?

711867[/snapback]

Then why can't your (quite sane) response emerge as the consensus among quite sane people, or even among conservatives who no more want society to pay for unwanted/unplanned children than they want kids learning about sex toys? How's about let's run on that Unity party ticket, I'll be the liberal, you'll be the conservative, and we'll come to some reasonable conclusions. :w00t:

Says who, besides some looney Catholics? Birth control is only bad when it doesn't work.

711756[/snapback]

I'm still trying to find that one in the Bible...but, you know should know, it's not "looney" Catholics who say prohibit birth control. It's the Catholic Church itself...and why my poor mom had 5 kids in 8 years. Ugh.

Then why can't your (quite sane) response emerge as the consensus among quite sane people, or even among conservatives who no more want society to pay for unwanted/unplanned children than they want kids learning about sex toys?  How's about let's run on that Unity party ticket, I'll be the liberal, you'll be the conservative, and we'll come to some reasonable conclusions.  :P

711962[/snapback]

It is. The problem is no sane person will ever run for public office and subject themselves to what passes for media scrutiny today.

You partisans are getting exactly what you deserve.

Looney Republicans.  Check out all the abstinence-only education that's being promoted.  They literally want to strike any record of birth control from textbooks, except to say that it doesn't work.

711801[/snapback]

what specific examples do you have to support this post?

what specific examples do you have to support this post?

712222[/snapback]

This one's from 2004, from Texas. Being a big state, where Texas goes, much of the rest of the country goes as textbook suppliers generally want to produce less books at greater volume.

Texas

From another NBC article: one of the heads of the Dept of Health:

Wade Horn, assistant secretary for children and families at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said counseling only abstinence, preferably until marriage, is the best approach because it sends a clear, consistent message.

This one's from 2004, from Texas.  Being a big state, where Texas goes, much of the rest of the country goes as textbook suppliers generally want to produce less books at greater volume.

Texas

From another NBC article: one of the heads of the Dept of Health:

712272[/snapback]

let me ask you a question. is the classroom textbook where you learned about birth control? do you really believe that is where kids today learn about sex or birthcontrol....or abstinence for that matter?

let me ask you a question.    is the classroom textbook where you learned about birth control?  do you really believe that is where kids today learn about sex or birthcontrol....or abstinence for that matter?

712351[/snapback]

No, most kids "learn" from other kids, and it's full of misinformation. That's kind of the problem. I do think parents should be doing these kinds of things for their kids, but not all parents do. Some are just neglectful. Others feel they're doing their kids a service by withholding the information. Fact is, they are going to find out about it from somewhere. It's better the information be reliable, scientific (blank and not according to any agenda but health and societal well-being i.e. less teenage births, abortions, and diseases) and understanding of the fact that kids in their teenage years are going to be curious and there's nothing wrong with that. Just better to prepare them with knowledge than with nothing.