Streisand Pre-Sale In Philly

Rico

I don't listen to Streisand anymore than I watch hockey, but I know enough about both to be able to admit that one has incredible range (when she's not yapping politics) and the other can't get more viewers than a televised spelling bee.

"Okay, Johnny. Your word is 'hockey.'

"Hockey. H-O-C-K-E-Y. Hockey."

"Very good. Susie, your word is  'ratings.'

"Ratings. R-A-T-I-N-G-S. Ratings."

"Very good. Darin, your word is 'nonexistent.'"

I hope you and the other four fans had a good time last night. :D

708767[/snapback]

As I've already stated: Television ratings are no measure of quality. Hockey translates terrible to television and the average person on this planet is apparently too stupid to learn the ridiculously simple rules of the game. Doesn't bother me at all.

"Sportsnight" was one of the best half hour shows in television history but no one watched it so it got canceled. I guess that makes "Big Brother" (entering it's seventh season according to last night's commercial) quality entertainment. Forgive me for not agreeing.

Whatever.

As I've already stated:  Television ratings are no measure of quality.  Hockey translates terrible to television and the average person on this planet is apparently too stupid to learn the ridiculously simple rules of the game.  Doesn't bother me at all.

708859[/snapback]

I want to make sure I got this right: essentially hockey ratings suffer because the average person is stupid. But if people weren't so stupid, more people would follow hockey. So the bottom line is that our public school system -- the system responsible for putting out the stupid people -- keeps hockey from being watched by more people? But if the people in our school systems would stop putting out stupid people, hockey would get more airtime.

So in essence, the people in charge of hockey need an audience of smart people...or at the very least, less stupid people. And whenever the hockey people see a bunch of smart people, they realize they at least fortunate enough to have a handful of smart people who can understand the simple rules of the game.

So in the end...what you are really saying is that hockey people...hockey people who find smart people... are the luckiest people in the world.