ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not that one. I still have that one.  :o

718074[/snapback]

Okay, good...I feel better then lol

I you remember take a look in your local paper before Lent , many church groups have special Paczki sales.  Paczki still made by old country people or at least from their recipes.

718075[/snapback]

That's a good idea....I may even try and get the recipe from my family, even though I'd probably totally botch it up....those things were damn good!

You know, now that I think about it, have you guys really played a team that was anywhere near the caliber of Germany on offense? Ghana had a good WC, but they weren't lighting it up. The Czechs had a pretty solid game against us, but then played like crap....and that Kollar guy wasn't around when you played them. We played you to a draw (sort of), but we had a crap WC. The Aussies did well, but they didn't strike me as an offensive powerhouse. I dunno, it's not Italy's fault that they haven't had a tougher draw, cause they've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat.....but it's not going to surprise me if Germany puts a few in the back of the net......

You know, now that I think about it, have you guys really played a team that was anywhere near the caliber of Germany on offense? Ghana had a good WC, but they weren't lighting it up. The Czechs had a pretty solid game against us, but then played like crap....and that Kollar guy wasn't around when you played them. We played you to a draw (sort of), but we had a crap WC. The Aussies did well, but they didn't strike me as an offensive powerhouse. I dunno, it's not Italy's fault that they haven't had a tougher draw, cause they've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat.....but it's not going to surprise me if Germany puts a few in the back of the net......

718182[/snapback]

You fail to understand :doh:

In 1990, Argentina had a high powered offence with Maradona having won the WC by himself in 86. They didn't score a goal. Finished in penalties with Argentina winning.

In 1994, Brazil... same sh--, light em up attack with Romario and Bebeto. Same result as in 90.

In 1998, France... high powered offence with Zidane... didn't score a goal.

It's in the tradition. If you think Germany will be able to play as openly as they did vs other teams including Argentina (that has a sh-- def IMHO), you are highly mistaken. This game will be tight and tactical. Catenaccio is in the blood of the Italians. The rest of the world hates it and tbh, if I wasn't Italian, i would hate it as well.

You fail to understand  :doh:

In 1990, Argentina had a high powered offence with Maradona having won the WC by himself in 86.  They didn't score a goal.  Finished in penalties with Argentina winning.

In 1994,  Brazil... same sh--, light em up attack with Romario and Bebeto.  Same result as in 90.

In 1998, France... high powered offence with Zidane... didn't score a goal.

It's in the tradition.  If you think Germany will be able to play as openly as they did vs other teams including Argentina (that has a sh-- def IMHO), you are highly mistaken.  This game will be tight and tactical.

718185[/snapback]

Hmmmm....I dunno.....I think you might be in for a major asskickin' :lol::lol::P

Hmmmm....I dunno.....I think you might be in for a major asskickin'  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:

718186[/snapback]

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and

at the end, the Germans always win

"Italians can't win the game against you, but you can lose the game

against the Italians."

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195223&page=3

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and

at the end, the Germans always win

"Italians can't win the game against you, but you can lose the game

against the Italians."

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195223&page=3

718187[/snapback]

You got the chicken thawing out???

You know what? Seriously....I knew I loved this sport, but I'm so damn fired up for it right now it's ridiculous. I guess I never realized that I love it THIS much. I'm excited to keep tabs on the EPL, and probably even some of the other national leagues.....I want to learn as much as I can about the different competitions, clubs, and players. I also hope that they broadcast some of these exhibition matches when Barcelona comes over here to play the MLS all-starts....I know you said not to expect the best play, but I still want to see it. It's just a friggin awesome game!

You got the chicken thawing out??? 

You know what? Seriously....I knew I loved this sport, but I'm so damn fired up for it right now it's ridiculous. I guess I never realized that I love it THIS much. I'm excited to keep tabs on the EPL, and probably even some of the other national leagues.....I want to learn as much as I can about the different competitions, clubs, and players. I also hope that they broadcast some of these exhibition matches when Barcelona comes over here to play the MLS all-starts....I know you said not to expect the best play, but I still want to see it. It's just a friggin awesome game!

718188[/snapback]

Keep tabs on Serie A. It's much more interesting.

http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/Document.asp...23-FA67C928F16B

Keep tabs on Serie A.  It's much more interesting.

718189[/snapback]

Which are the top four teams in Serie A?

Which are the top four teams in Serie A?

718190[/snapback]

Juventus, Milan, Internazionale Milan and Roma.

Because of the scandals, the first two will be penalized. Roma is my favourite team and will be in the champions league this year. With the great captain, Francesco Totti :doh:

Juventus, Milan, Internazionale Milan and Roma. 

Because of the scandals, the first two will be penalized.  Roma is my favourite team and will be in the champions league this year.  With the great captain, Francesco Totti :doh:

718191[/snapback]

Is Milan the same as AC Milan? and Internazional Milan is Inter-Milan, yes?

Okay, I will officially follow Roma this year.....I've chosen Arsenal to follow in the EPL since Thierry Henry and Lehmann are both on that team. I don't know enough about the leagues to have a favorite team, but it helps to have one to keep track of.

so roma qualified for the champions league THIS year by their record from LAST year? Same with every other team that will play in the champions league, right?

Is Milan the same as AC Milan? and Internazional Milan is Inter-Milan, yes?

Okay, I will officially follow Roma this year.....I've chosen Arsenal to follow in the EPL since Thierry Henry and Lehmann are both on that team. I don't know enough about the leagues to have a favorite team, but it helps to have one to keep track of.

so roma qualified for the champions league THIS year by their record from LAST year? Same with every other team that will play in the champions league, right?

718192[/snapback]

Roma finished 5th. Because of the scandals, the top 2 teams lose their spot so Roma moves up.

Roma is considered the "good guy" team in Italy. Sort of the alternative for followers who want to follow a big club but don't want to be any part in cheating or match fixing. They won 3 titles. Juventus has 29 (two might be stripped away) Milan has 14, Inter has 13. And so on. It's all BS though. It happens everywhere.

Yes it is last years record. Inter - Milan is Internazionale Milan. And AC Milan is Assosciazione Calcio Milan.