June Movies: Superman Returns, Cars, and...

Last year Warner Bros. attemepted to reignite it's Batman franchise with last summer's Batman Begins, the result was a tremendous success.

699794[/snapback]

Still the best movie I've seen in the past few years.

"He left a calling card..."

Damn, Batman Continues (?) can't get here soon enough.

Also, for Click, I agree that it's basically impossible to imagine Kate Beckinsale as a normal American mom and housewife. What is the conflict in that movie? If you have a nice family with Kate Beckinsale, your life is better than that of 99.99% of the people on earth automatically. Who needs a magic remote control?

There are a lot of foolish things in the movie industry, as there are with all major industries. But one of the most foolish and most infuriating is the insistence of the industry to count in dollars instead of asses. As well as filmgoers per showing.

If they would just count the number of actual people that go see the film, as well as the per screen average, it would give the public a much better idea of whether a film is decent or not, or how that film compares to recent and past films. I understand why they do it, it's just stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Cars and Click this week. Both were good movies, was not disappointed with either choice.

As for the BO numbers vs. DVD sales, I think alot of people have the attitude now that if they are iffy about seeing a movie in a theater, just wait. Because now it seems once a movie is gone from the theater, in a few months it'll be on DVD, usually on sale the first week for less than $20. So for a family of 4 in the Syracuse area, instead of paying $30 for tickets, you can get the movie for usually $15-$18 bucks, or rent for less than $5.