RIP Rolling Rock (in Latrobe, PA)

The Dean

I tried it.  Not sure what they changed but it tasted like sh------- Budweiser to me.

698362[/snapback]

What color is it (piss-yellow Bud color or more of an pale/amber color)? If it tasted like Bud, then they probably used the same hop blend and just adjusted the grain bill.

I tried it.  Not sure what they changed but it tasted like sh------- Budweiser to me.

698362[/snapback]

The same thing happened to me, and then I said "Damn, I got tricked into trying a Bud product."

Pissweiser ruins beer. 20 different kinds of swill.

With Sam Adams, various belgian beers and microbrews a plenty, why would anyone settle for bad beer ?  :blink:

698371[/snapback]

Because Budweiser is funny. Very funny. Their ads always make me laugh. Therefore, I must drink their beer. <_<

I have never had the Select, but I am guessing that it is their way of trying to compete with the craft brew market while still appealing to as many people as possible. The craft brew market is increasing and the BMC's (Bud, Miller, Coors) are taking notice. My guess would be that Select gets rid of the rice that they normally use in Bud and sticks to mainly a malted barley grain bill and then they bump up the hops a bit (to the point where you might actually taste them  <_< ).

698359[/snapback]

Either that, or they wanted to squeeze a few more dollars out of that Budweiser Dry formula?