Virtual tuning fork

You're doing a little drinking, playing a bit of guitar and surfin' the net. You swivel your chair to grab a record that you just thought of and haven't played in a while, and the head of your guitar knocks your half-full beer off the computer desk and onto the floor. You grab for the beer and your guitar falls out of your lap and is now on the floor with your beer. You pick up the guitar, mourne the loss of your beer (but you are always smart enough to open two at a time so you have backup, and you're lazy) and start to play again. "Holy cow is this thing out of tune now," you say to yourself. You need to tune it, but your tuner is all the way over on the other side of the room in your gig bag, and that would mean you'd have to get out of the chair.

Well, you don't have to my friend, because you have a virtual tuning fork link on the computer next to your backup can of Pabst Blue Ribbon. A most excellent development, indeed!

You're doing a little drinking, playing a bit of guitar and surfin' the net.  You swivel your chair to grab a record that you just thought of and haven't played in a while, and the head of your guitar knocks your half-full beer off the computer desk and onto the floor.  You grab for the beer and your guitar falls out of your lap and is now on the floor with your beer.  You pick up the guitar, mourne the loss of your beer (but you are always smart enough to open two at a time so you have backup, and you're lazy) and start to play again.  "Holy cow is this thing out of tune now," you say to yourself.  You need to tune it, but your tuner is all the way over on the other side of the room in your gig bag, and that would mean you'd have to get out of the chair.

Well, you don't have to my friend, because you have a virtual tuning fork link on the computer next to your backup can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.  A most excellent development, indeed!

694059[/snapback]

Uhhhh...I'm sorry about your beer? :)

You're doing a little drinking, playing a bit of guitar and surfin' the net.  You swivel your chair to grab a record that you just thought of and haven't played in a while, and the head of your guitar knocks your half-full beer off the computer desk and onto the floor.  You grab for the beer and your guitar falls out of your lap and is now on the floor with your beer.  You pick up the guitar, mourne the loss of your beer (but you are always smart enough to open two at a time so you have backup, and you're lazy) and start to play again.  "Holy cow is this thing out of tune now," you say to yourself.  You need to tune it, but your tuner is all the way over on the other side of the room in your gig bag, and that would mean you'd have to get out of the chair.

Well, you don't have to my friend, because you have a virtual tuning fork link on the computer next to your backup can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.  A most excellent development, indeed!

694059[/snapback]

If a can of PBR got knocked on the floor, i would cheer, not mourn...

694059[/snapback]

Fork you and the tune you rode in on.

Don't think of it as a spilled PBR. Think of it as a chance to redeem yourself.

And if you have a couple of beers and hit the tuning forks from left to right, you can almost hear The Three Stooges...

"Hellooooo..."

"Hellooooo..."

"Hellooooo..."

"Hello."

...and the head of your guitar knocks your half-full beer off the computer desk and onto the floor. 

694059[/snapback]

Maybe there was a reason why the PBR was knocked to the floor. Consider it a sign from God that you should not be drinking it and it should be replaced with better beer. :wacko:

Maybe there was a reason why the PBR was knocked to the floor. Consider it a sign from God that you should not be drinking it and it should be replaced with better beer.  :wacko:

694685[/snapback]

God is starting to make more and more sense.

Maybe there was a reason why the PBR was knocked to the floor. Consider it a sign from God that you should not be drinking it and it should be replaced with better beer.  :wacko:

694685[/snapback]

Case in point: the other night I was sitting near the fireplace with my beer glass, filled with Bass Ale, resting on the tiled base. I turned and inadvertantly knocked the glass over with my elbow. As the beer started to spill out, I was sure one of my favorite drinking vessels was a goner as it hit the tile.

Did the glass shatter?

No.

The tile cracked.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Moral: Save your mug. Drink good beer.

694685[/snapback]

I find you end up with better songs if you write while swilling PBR rather than a "stuffy" beer, like Bass, etc. Then again, I'm not playing jazz. You need to drink an "edgy" beer to get an "edgy" song. Pabst Blue Ribbon...There's a song in every six-pack, there's an album in every keg.

I find you end up with better songs if you write while swilling PBR rather than a "stuffy" beer, like Bass, etc.  Then again, I'm not playing jazz.  You need to drink an "edgy" beer to get an "edgy" song.  Pabst Blue Ribbon...There's a song in every six-pack, there's an album in every keg.

694704[/snapback]

Please stop posting and take this opportunity to update your blog. Thank you.

I find you end up with better songs if you write while swilling PBR rather than a "stuffy" beer, like Bass, etc.  Then again, I'm not playing jazz.  You need to drink an "edgy" beer to get an "edgy" song.  Pabst Blue Ribbon...There's a song in every six-pack, there's an album in every keg.

694704[/snapback]

If you want an "edgy" beer for an "edgy" song, drink Hop Whallop by Victory Brewing.