AL Mvp

gantrules

Nowhere in the stats do you show that one has been taking cortizone shots and has had a hurt thumb all year. If he checks his swing he can blow out his AC joint. He has played in incredible pain and has led with his toughness and by example. Still he has put up some gawdy numbers and he has led his team to a division title even though many cry his team has no pitching. To be MVP IMO your team needs to win and numbers dont mean everything. The kind of teammate you are and the leadership you provide are huge factors too IMO

Nowhere in the stats do you show that one has been taking cortizone shots and has had a hurt thumb all year.  If he checks his swing he can blow out his AC joint.  He has played in incredible pain and has led with his toughness and by example.  Still he has put up some gawdy numbers and he has led his team to a division title even though many cry his team has no pitching.  To be MVP IMO your team needs to win and numbers dont mean everything.  The kind of teammate you are and the leadership you provide are huge factors too IMO

52296[/snapback]

Honestly, every player has injuries including te eventual winner Vlad Guerrero.

Vlad was 12 for 17, with 5 home runs and 9 RBI in the last series against Seattle. If the Angels win the West, Vlad wins. He has carried the Angels without having the protection of ARod and Derek Jeter and Matsui around him in the lineup to protect him.

I know Vladimir has a bad back and has played in pain and that most players get dinged up all the time. Sheffield is in severe pain. I watch the Yanks every night and can see the pain he is in. He winces all the time when he swings. Sheffield is a warrior. I dont think there is a player in MLB playing in more pain the Sheffield today.

I know Vladimir has a bad back and has played in pain and that most players get dinged up all the time.  Sheffield is in severe pain.  I watch the Yanks every night and can see the pain he is in.  He winces all the time when he swings.  Sheffield is a warrior.  I dont think there is a player in MLB playing in more pain the Sheffield today.

52322[/snapback]

Man. Am I pipin' the A's today, or what?!

Mark Kotsay is playing with a severly stressed knee. No ligament damage, but it is incredibly sore. You see him run, and you can tell that he's in terrible pain. Yet he's probably the A's best player this month.

I know Vladimir has a bad back and has played in pain and that most players get dinged up all the time.  Sheffield is in severe pain.  I watch the Yanks every night and can see the pain he is in.  He winces all the time when he swings.  Sheffield is a warrior.  I dont think there is a player in MLB playing in more pain the Sheffield today.

52322[/snapback]

It really doesn't matter to be honest. Sheffield is surround by quality players and they would still make the playoffs without him in the lineup most likely.

Without Vlad, the Angels are dead.

that was my point, and as much as i would love to see shef, vlad probably is the best choice, unless you want to include pitchers and I am wavering on that, because a good pitcher is crucial

It really doesn't matter to be honest. Sheffield is surround by quality players and they would still make the playoffs without him in the lineup most likely.

Without Vlad, the Angels are dead.

52328[/snapback]