AL Mvp

gantrules

HR RBI BA OBP SLG OPS

38 124 .338 .392 .598 .990

36 121 .291 .395 .537 .932

40 136 .300 .378 .599 .977

43 130 .310 .399 .617 1.016

Here are the numbers of the four players deserving of the MVP....which one would you pick?

No names....lets just look at the numbers...

i'm going to go on a limb and say that Santana should win bith the Cy Young and the AL MVP...cuz honeslty, the sox would still be decent without manny, and the yanks would still be decent with out sheff, but the twins would be nowhere without Johan...plain and simple hes the reason why the team made it this season...

I'm from a different school on this one Ramius....

I believe the MVP award should be given only to an everyday player.

reason being that a starting pitcher normally only makes 30-40 apperances every year.

51973[/snapback]

i see your point, but i am all for giving it to the player that did the most for their team, regardless of position...and not just for gaudy numbers either, but for someone that the team cant do without...

Here's my take.

Numbers are fantastic, but it's at what time of the game the hit's occur, is the telling feature of the M.V.P. Tejada when he won the MVP for the A's, how many game winning hits did he have? That's the deciding factor. But to stay with the original post, I would take the numbers of #1

I could see Santana winning the MVP. If he doesn't win the Cy Young, a investigation needs to be launched!

And, Bobby Crosby IS the AL Rookie of the Year. Seeing that kid play day in, day out, you know he's gonna be someone very special!

Here is the problem....Ichiro Suzuki will steal votes, though his team sucks. He will steal these votes from players like Santana and Vlad. My take is the MVP will go to Curt Schilling, since he deserves the Cy Young, and will not get it. Actually I am a Yankees fan, but reality is....Sox would not be in the playoffs without Schilling.

I disagree.

Schilling plays once every five days. Even if he won all thirty of his games he still could only account for 1/5 of the games the Sox played.

And I think Schilling will get the Cy b/c he's been around longer.

I didn't even put Miguel on the list b/c his OBP is 40 points below these other 4.

52086[/snapback]

Oh. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't banging to get him on the list. When he won it in 2002, He did have great numbers, but I can very vivdly remember him hitting a home run 2 sections over from me to win #18 of the A's 20 Game Streak. Tejada that year had many, many game winning hits. IMHO, Crosby may be a better defensive SS over Tejada right now, but it was Tejada's bat and his clutch hits that has the A's battling the Angles for the AL West this weekend. The game winning hits haven't come as much for the A's this year. That and the Big 3 turning into the sub-par 3 this month. Thank God for Harden!

Oh.  Don't get me wrong.  I wasn't banging to get him on the list.  When he won it in 2002, He did have great numbers, but I can very vivdly remember him hitting a home run 2 sections over from me to win #18 of the A's 20 Game Streak.  Tejada that year had many, many game winning hits.  IMHO, Crosby may be a better defensive SS over Tejada right now, but it was Tejada's bat and his clutch hits that has the A's battling the Angles for the AL West this weekend.  The game winning hits haven't come as much for the A's this year.  That and the Big 3 turning into the sub-par 3 this month.  Thank God for Harden!

52184[/snapback]

hey crosby has been fairly clutch for us as of late...but the past 2 seasons have shown why i was able to get my Zito jersey for only $40 last spring...i hope he breaks his funk, we need him...same thing with mulder...

hey crosby has been fairly clutch for us as of late...

52187[/snapback]

This is very true! He delivered when we needed him this past week. Tejada did it on a more consistant basis. Crosby I can see, developing into the exact same type of role.

You need to give us team results, because the MVP is supposed to be just that...Most Valuable To the Team, without that player would the team have remained status quo, or would the team be in the crapper.

HR RBI  BA  OBP SLG  OPS

38 124 .338 .392 .598 .990

36 121 .291 .395  .537 .932

40 136  .300 .378  .599 .977

43 130 .310  .399 .617  1.016

Here are the numbers of the four players deserving of the MVP....which one would you pick?

No names....lets just look at the numbers...

51952[/snapback]