Border Patrol Game

Oh.  My apologies.  You mentioned violence once.  And harped for two pages on how wrong it was to call them "wetbacks".  :)

Spin it however you like, anyone who looks at a game that involves shooting people and bitches about how horrible it is that said targets would be racially stereotyped is severely !@#$ed in the head.  I mean, how do you look at a mother and two children being shot - even in a game - and say "Dammit, that's not right!  They called her a breeder!"

688400[/snapback]

My bad. I assumed that people would be able to see it was wrong that making a game having fun shooting at human beings was wrong. What I saw was people thinking it was OK because the "people" were't actually people, they were racist stereotypes (folks here didn't seem to have a problem with that). Guess I shouldn't have assumed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish more politicians saw it like this..

Screw the Iraqi border, bring our troops home and guard on own boarders.

We live in a country where illegal invaders qualify for better benefits that people like myself that have been in the work force and paying taxes for 20+ years and were BORN HERE. CRAZY!!

Why do I get the feeling that in 20-30 years the southwest will be just an extension of Mexico ?

688206[/snapback]

I agree with watching our borders, but I'm one of those guys who prefers to take the fight to them so we're not waiting for them to show up here.

My bad. I assumed that people would be able to see it was wrong that making a game having fun shooting at human beings was wrong. What I saw was people thinking it was OK because the "people" were't actually people, they were racist stereotypes (folks here didn't seem to have a problem with that). Guess I shouldn't have assumed.

688422[/snapback]

:) So you think people understand that shooting at other people is "bad"...but isn't bad if you shoot at them and call them "wetbacks"?

You're an idiot.

:) So you think people understand that shooting at other people is "bad"...but isn't bad if you shoot at them and call them "wetbacks"?

You're an idiot.

688455[/snapback]

It took you four pages of posts to figure that out. Maybe if you had finished last in your class at one of the top 100 schools in your county you would be quicker. But alas, you are nothing but a turd tossing gorilla.

Your apathy and resigning to the fact that that there was nothing we could do implied that.

Your apathy sucks and by the way you're in the minority then.  Americans are fed up

I bet there are plenty of teenagers willing to do it for $10 or $15 or even the $20 the illegals are doing it for.  Better them than illegals I say. 

If you have problems with something that is legal, do something about it.  I'm doing something about the illegal immigration problem, it's called voting.  And don't worry about my kids........I don't (and never will) have any.  See I worry about people I don't even know having their job stolen, unlike you just worried about your own.

I don't hire illegals..do you.  That is why my wife and I now clean our own house, until we can find a company that hires only legals to do it.  Once again your apathy sucks.

688393[/snapback]

Let me start by saying YOUR appathy to the situation in Darfur is reprehensible. The fact the you only think of yourself and not the masses being slaughtered in Sudan makes me question what type of person you really are. People are DYING there and you're worried about jobs. Saving a life and saving a job are two completely different things and you're on the wrong side of this issue :) </sarcasam>

Seriously - get off your high horse and stop judging who is selfish and who isn't. Why are you suddenly the arbitor of what's self interest and what's selfish? You're condemning me for worrying about my situation rather than someone else's? If that's what you do you're the must altruistic and compassionate conservative I've ever seen - I salute you and nominate you for sainthood.

Besides that, when did I ever say that I didn't have sympathy for the man or woman who loses their job to an illegal? I simply pointed out that while everyone is droning on about American jobs being lost to foreign workers they only seem concerned about landscapers being undercut by Mexicans and nobody seems concerned that lots of high tech jobs are going to India - one's a hotbutton social issue and the other just seems to be the free market economy at work. Guess I'm a selfish bastard who's screwed because I'm more concerned about keeping my job and supporting my family rather than spewing vitriol at the evil Mexicans in chorus with the conservatives.

You're condemning me for not foaming at the mouth about the problem, running out an joining the minutemen project and carrying a picture of Lou Dobbs in my wallet alongside the picture of my wife and kids. Guess that means I'm not a true American.

Is illegal immigration a problem? Yes.

Is it the top problem facing the nation today? No.

Is it a bigger issue today than it was 2 months ago, before a bill went to Congress, Lou Dobbs blabbed about it endlessly and this got whipped up into a hotbutton issue by Republicans needing an issue du jour because things were going badly? Doubtful.

Does something need to be done? Yes.

Is the solution to demonize illegal immigrants? No.

Is the solution to round up all illegals and march them back to Mexico? No.

Will a wall on the border work? No

Will a wall make people feel better about the situation? Yes.

</ Donald Rumsfeld rhetorical questioning>

But what issues are important to me aren't important to you, so not taking up your causes makes me apathetic, right? Guess I'll SELFISHLY worry about the national debt and how my kids and grandkids are going to have to pay it off, whether we'll ever get out of Iraq, when the next hurricane will level New Orleans, whether we'll ever be able to speak about human rights again after Gitmo and secret renditions, etc. Unfortunately, I think that's going to force me to miss the sanctity of marriage rally - hope that's OK with you.

You're an idiot.

688455[/snapback]

Let me start by thanking you for the personal attack - it's great when it degenerates into name calling.

People see that shooting people is wrong, particularly when they see these people as "people" rather than something less worthy.

Judging from the people here, while it might not be OK to shoot a person, it seems fun to soot a person if they're a "wetback" or a "breeder" or a criminal. Multiple people have pointed out that there is some measure of truth in those stereotypes.

The problem is not that necessarily that you call these people wetbacks, but in doing so you allow people to think of them as something other than human beings.

Harumph.

Yes, it is on occassion OK to shoot people. Some people need shooting.

No, not every immigrant is a criminal. But, any illegal immigrant is a criminal by definition. Do all illegal immigrants require shooting? No, but some do.

Screw Darfur. Worrying about them isn't going to help my problems any, and isn't going to do a thing for them, either.

Sorry they were last week.  We're now on to hating asians again this week.  Arabs will return next week.

688610[/snapback]

:)

did i not get a memo or something? i thought next week was hindus and the week after that was the french

Harumph.

Yes, it is on occassion OK to shoot people. Some people need shooting.

No, not every immigrant is a criminal. But, any illegal immigrant is a criminal by definition. Do all illegal immigrants require shooting? No, but some do.

Screw Darfur. Worrying about them isn't going to help my problems any, and isn't going to do a thing for them, either.

688591[/snapback]

You mean illeagal imigrants could be terrorists? Never!! Perish the thought!!!

!@#$ it, shoot them. Have you seen the video?

You mean illeagal imigrants could be terrorists? Never!! Perish the thought!!!

!@#$ it, shoot them. Have you seen the video?

688643[/snapback]

Video? No...what video?

But I've been around about 50 years and in spite of anyone's "All God's Children" BS I know some people need killing. Only way to stop them, because the system won't.

And, if one is an illegal alien gang banger it's even harder because as far as the computers are concerned, they don't really exist (until they are busted about 8 times).

Spare me the tears and wringing hands over the injustice.

There was a point where they were satisfied to kill each other, but things have gotten bolder and they now export. The fastest growing organized gang-crime syndicate is predominantly illegal hispanic.

Oh, let me now cry for Sudan...

That place has been a cluster !@#$ for years. They do it to themselves, and I'm supposed to care? Safe bet that anyone here with an "educated, enlightened opinion" on Africa doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about. Much less dealt with the place.

Well, I had a short venting.

People are stupid. I hate people.

Calling illegal immigrants terrorists is racist.  Better off not calling them anything when you shoot them.

688654[/snapback]

OK, let me see if I got this right. If I was a black guy, who developed the game that kills Miami police officers, and hired Mexicans to do the software for $20 bucks, that were, sold to overseas businesses for penny's on the dollar, I'd be OK?

OK, let me see if I got this right. If I was a black guy, who developed the game that kills Miami police officers, and hired Mexicans to do the software for $20 bucks, that were, sold to overseas businesses for penny's on the dollar,  I'd be OK?

688671[/snapback]

As long as you don't call the officers "pigs", yes.

OK, let me see if I got this right. If I was a black guy, who developed the game that kills Miami police officers, and hired Mexicans to do the software for $20 bucks, that were, sold to overseas businesses for penny's on the dollar,  I'd be OK?

688671[/snapback]

Of course.

I've been really pissed for a while that people can "diss" me (usually kids-kids being 18 to 22)) but if I get in their face for it, I'm wrong. I've had the "Poleece" tell me that.

I'm sure "diss" is an old at this point archaic phrase. I'm a dinosaur, at heart. When some piece of sh-- wants to be macho man or super slick niggah I'm going to react.

Over react? I don't think so. You who want to wring your hands don't get that the people who want your stuff bank on that.

It's America. Land of stupid.

Of course.

I've been really pissed for a while that people can "diss" me (usually kids-kids being 18 to 22)) but if I get in their face for it, I'm wrong. I've had the "Poleece" tell me that.

I'm sure "diss" is an old at this point archaic phrase. I'm a dinosaur, at heart. When some piece of sh-- wants to be macho man or super slick niggah I'm going to react.

Over react? I don't think so. You who want to wring your hands don't get that the people who want your stuff bank on that.

It's America. Land of stupid.

688694[/snapback]

And this suprises you????

Look at the responses to this thread? Avenger seems to think, its only a inconvenence to him, if it effects him. WTF is that. As long as it doesnt effect me I dont care. THERE' S America.

And this suprises you????

Look at the responses to this thread? Avenger seems to think, its only a inconvenence to him, if it effects him. WTF is that. As long as it doesnt effect me I dont care. THERE' S America.

688699[/snapback]

He's probably never had any of "those people" shooting at him.

What about the spic's? Wouldnt that be extra points? Or blowing up boats from Cuba?

I'm confused :)

688682[/snapback]

No points for spics if you're shooting pigs...but you get points for micks and guidos. And blowing up boats from Cuba is okay, as long as there's no Cubans on them, because that would be racist. You can only blow up Cuban boats if they have Mongolian refugees on them.