Law & Order Criminal Intent

I don't watch much of any of the L&O programs anymore....but....over the years, Chris Noth has always been my favorite character on L&O.

Last nights episode was so good. Him going against "Whoopie".

Why in the world do they still split time between him and Vincent D'onofrio?

I don't watch much of any of the L&O programs anymore....but....over the years, Chris Noth has always been my favorite character on L&O.

Last nights episode was so good.  Him going against "Whoopie".

686363[/snapback]

So Vicent D'Onofrio's talent can offset Chris Noth's obvious lackof acting ability. If you are eally hung up on Noth I suggest you watch re-runs of Sex in the City

So Vicent D'Onofrio's talent can offset Chris Noth's obvious lackof acting ability. If you are eally hung up on Noth I suggest you watch re-runs of Sex in the City

686378[/snapback]

i've never watched SC. watching a bunch of yenta's yap about nothing doesn't interest me.

686378[/snapback]

I've watched CI a couple times on whatever cable station is showing it (A&E?), and all I get out of D'Onofrio's performance is a bad Columbo impression....to each his own I guess...

I've watched CI a couple times on whatever cable station is showing it (A&E?), and all I get out of D'Onofrio's performance is a bad Columbo impression....to each his own I guess...

686453[/snapback]

I've never caught on to that one, although I still watch the reruns of the others. Everytime I see him I think of a "Bug in an Edgar suit". Same head tilt and everything.

686453[/snapback]

Chris Noth may not be the world's best actor, but I'll take his episodes of CI over D'Onofrio's any day. VD's absurd mugging makes the show unwatchable, IMO.

What Peter Falk did extrodinarly well, and what Tony Shaloub (Monk) and Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) do pretty well is play the unusual/defective detective role with some wit and humor. They come across as human. VD comes across as a blatant over-actor.

VD comes across as a blatant over-actor.

686462[/snapback]

That's a fact, Jack. Less Vincent and more Chris Noth. Denofrio (or whatever) can't even do a good Columbo imitation, and I specifically hate it when the boss acts like without VD's character he wouldn't have a job. It's the only L&O I intentionally miss.

That's a fact, Jack. Less Vincent and more Chris Noth. Denofrio (or whatever) can't even do a good Columbo imitation, and I specifically hate it when the boss acts like without VD's character he wouldn't have a job. It's the only L&O I intentionally miss.

686509[/snapback]

last nights episode with Chris Noth was one of the best episodes in a long time.

it was one of those episodes that lead you to think we have not seen the last of the bad guy, (Whoopie Goldberg).

686509[/snapback]

One more thing...they have totally tortured the L&I theme song for CI. Terrible version of a very good theme song.

Last nights episode was so good.  Him going against "Whoopie".

686363[/snapback]

Maye so we would appreciate him that much more?!? Seriously, I am glad they brought him back. He was one of my favorite characters from L&O.

I cannot believe that people are bashing the performance of Vincent D'Onofrio!!!! The guy is the ONLY reason to watch this show...and I think he's one of the more talented and unheralded actors working today. It's laughable that that this thread would praise the likes of Peter Falk and Chris Noth...Noth's character is as annoying as it was a decade ago, and his bad dye job (cinnamon sable) is absurd!

But last night's episode was quite good...Whoopie was great

I cannot believe that people are bashing the performance of Vincent D'Onofrio!!!! The guy is the ONLY reason to watch this show...and I think he's one of the more talented and unheralded actors working today. It's laughable that that this thread would praise the likes of Peter Falk and Chris Noth...Noth's character is as annoying as it was a decade ago, and his bad dye job (cinnamon sable) is absurd!

Yeah, D'Onofrio is unheralded. :angry: If he's the only reason to watch the show, then there's little reason to watch it.

Did you really just tell us what color some other dude is dying his hair?

But last night's episode was quite good...Whoopie was great

686911[/snapback]

I actually used to think VD was a decent actor...but, not in this show. His over-the-top overacting is really hard to take, IMO. It's just not natural in any way. Noth's no great actor...but I find him enjoyable in his role...nothing special, though.

Please do not under estimate Peter Falk. He's given many top-flight, first-rate performances. Columbo was an acting tour de force. His performance in the In Laws is legendary...and there are many more.

I suppose if you are a fan of Pacino's performance in Heat, you may like D'Onofrio's laughable mugging in CI.

Please do not under estimate Peter Falk.  He's given many top-flight, first-rate performances.  Columbo was an acting tour de force.  His performance in the In Laws is legendary...and there are many more.

686917[/snapback]

The In Laws, Husbands, A Woman Under the Influence and Wings of Desire are excellent films with Peter Falk, and all are in the 200 films that make up my Top 100 Films of all time list. :angry:

The In Laws, Husbands, A Woman Under the Influence and Wings of Desire are excellent films with Peter Falk, and all are in the 200 films that make up my Top 100 Films of all time list.  :angry:

686922[/snapback]

All great movies. i always forget about Wings of Desire and I LOVE that movie...just slips my mind during movie discussions.

Yeah, D'Onofrio is unheralded.  :angry:  If he's the only reason to watch the show, then there's little reason to watch it.

Did you really just tell us what color some other dude is dying his hair?

686915[/snapback]

Yes.

Yes, he did.

"Sugar Water..."