Just when I thought work couldn't get worse...

I work for a modular manufacturing company building school portables and construction offices doing siding, setting windows, and trimming windows and corners...I was getting really frustrated with it because it was pretty much all new to me and I was thinking of looking for work elsewhere when my boss came up to me on friday and said "come with me it's time for your 2nd review"

Well my first review my boss and supervisor basically crapped on me saying I needed to improve in all areas except attitude...so I was pretty bummed and starting to get down on myself. In fact they told me if I didn't improve they'd try to move me out the the siding department somewhere else. So this 2nd review I wasn't looking forward to in the least. But they told me i'd improved so much and they were so pleased I never complained and always gave 100% that I was getting a dollar an hour raise starting monday! I was shocked...and in one of the hardest weeks i've had in a long time, it was a really good feeling. I think i'll stick around and try to get better at it...thanks to any that read this and remember...stay positive. I was getting down on myself and I guess I shouldn't have but now i'm feeling better about it. :(

I work for a modular manufacturing company building school portables and construction offices doing siding, setting windows, and trimming windows and corners...I was getting really frustrated with it because it was pretty much all new to me and I was thinking of looking for work elsewhere when my boss came up to me on friday and said "come with me it's time for your 2nd review"

Well my first review my boss and supervisor basically crapped on me saying I needed to improve in all areas except attitude...so I was pretty bummed and starting to get down on myself. In fact they told me if I didn't improve they'd try to move me out the the siding department somewhere else. So this 2nd review I wasn't looking forward to in the least. But they told me i'd improved so much and they were so pleased I never complained and always gave 100% that I was getting a dollar an hour raise starting monday! I was shocked...and in one of the hardest weeks i've had in a long time, it was a really good feeling. I think i'll stick around and try to get better at it...thanks to any that read this and remember...stay positive. I was getting down on myself and I guess I shouldn't have but now i'm feeling better about it.  :(

686145[/snapback]

Now you know how Nate Clements feels!

Congrats! Enjoy your dollar.

Well my first review my boss and supervisor basically crapped on me saying I needed to improve in all areas except attitude...so I was pretty bummed and starting to get down on myself. In fact they told me if I didn't improve they'd try to move me out the the siding department somewhere else. So this 2nd review I wasn't looking forward to in the least. But they told me i'd improved so much and they were so pleased I never complained and always gave 100% that I was getting a dollar an hour raise starting monday! I was shocked...and in one of the hardest weeks i've had in a long time, it was a really good feeling. I think i'll stick around and try to get better at it...thanks to any that read this and remember...stay positive. I was getting down on myself and I guess I shouldn't have but now i'm feeling better about it.  :(

686145[/snapback]

good job man, sounds like you definitely earned it, now enjoy :(

But they told me i'd improved so much and they were so pleased I never complained and always gave 100% that I was getting a dollar an hour raise starting monday!

686145[/snapback]

That's alot better than the 10 cent raise I was offered at one job. They thought it was a huge amount, I told them I wanted a quarter/hour raise. They said it was unheard of, but they would see what they could do.