anyone see mission impossible 3 yet?

i saw it yesterday and i hate to say it (due to tom's wacked view on reality) but it was a great movie. I honestly don't remember the first two movies, however my wife claims this was the best one of the 3... its a good action flick. that guy philip seymore hoffman is a great villian... wish he'd be in a bond movie soon.

i saw it yesterday and i hate to say it (due to tom's wacked view on reality) but it was a great movie.  I honestly don't remember the first two movies, however my wife claims this was the best one of the 3...  its a good action flick.  that guy philip seymore hoffman is a great villian...  wish he'd be in a bond movie soon.

685770[/snapback]

Isn't #2 the one where Xenu, the ruler of the Galactic Confederacy, put all of those people in volcanos and then blew them up with Hydrogen bombs?

(No, no I'm not kidding: Xenu)

I have to agree. A great action movie. Don't go in there expecting to see 100% realism (i.e. Cruise driving from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel to Northern Virginia in a matter of minutes), but overall I thought it was a solid movie.

I have to agree.  A great action movie.  Don't go in there expecting to see 100% realism (i.e. Cruise driving from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel to Northern Virginia in a matter of minutes), but overall I thought it was a solid movie.

685800[/snapback]

Damn.

Jack Bauer can't even do that.

How did Phillip Seymour Hoffman do?? I'm interested to see how he pulls off the 'bad guy' role.

How did Phillip Seymour Hoffman do??  I'm interested to see how he pulls off the 'bad guy' role.

685805[/snapback]

He did great. I just wish he got a little more camera time. Totally believeable as a sadisitic scumbag.

He did great.  I just wish he got a little more camera time.  Totally believeable as a sadisitic scumbag.

685807[/snapback]

I agree. he was a total badass in the movie.

and in case you don't know, PSH is from fairport... according to IMDB, his mother is a judge in rochester.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000450/

He did great.  I just wish he got a little more camera time.  Totally believeable as a sadisitic scumbag.

685807[/snapback]

Very cool.....He's pretty much believable in every role he takes one.....he's clearly in that "great" echelon of actors. I've mentioned it before on the forum, but I don't know how many people actually saw "Love Liza". I think it may have been the first film where he was given the lead, and he was just amazing. It's a very depressing film, and as you know, he's able to really convey the emotions of the character. I definitely can't say I 'liked' the movie, cause it was pretty intense at times, but I thought his performance was amazing. He was awesome in Capote, too. The only time I really thought about the fact that it was him was when he laughed.

Peter Posted Today, 09:30 AM

I hate to say it, but I am not going to be spending any money to see him in any movies.

RayFinkle Posted Today, 03:39 PM

I refuse to go see this movie because of Tom Cruise. I will not put only penny in that guy's pocket regardless of how good the movie is.

You guy's are'nt the only ones. The weekend figures came out and M:I III grossed approximately 48 million.

Ordianarily those numbers would make a lot of film distributors happy. Although considering the number of theatres it was in, and how this movie had no competition at all, the numbers are disappointing.

You guy's are'nt the only ones. The weekend figures came out and M:I III grossed approximately 48 million.

Ordianarily those numbers would make a lot of film distributors happy. Although considering the number of theatres it was in, and how this movie had no competition at all, the numbers are disappointing.

686078[/snapback]

I might blame the TC backlash as well as the fact that the MI movies suck monkey balls.

I have to agree.  A great action movie.  Don't go in there expecting to see 100% realism (i.e. Cruise driving from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel to Northern Virginia in a matter of minutes), but overall I thought it was a solid movie.

685800[/snapback]

After the first two, If you are expecting realism, you just aren't paying attention. Usually I can get engrossed in a movie and get past it, but these flicks just leave me thinking "Okay, that could never ever happen". That guy could ride an atomic bomb out of an airplane and use the explosion to propel him into a backflip and land on his feet. No parachute necessary.

All in all, I won't see it until a very slow Blockbuster night in the future.

Just got back from it and I thought it was a very good action movie.

And anyone complaining about realism in a movie where people can wear masks and completely change their appearance in minutes just doesn't get it.

For the record, I have no idea why an arms deal was going down at the Vatican in MI3 and I don't care either.

It's definitely worth checking out.

After the first two, If you are expecting realism, you just aren't paying attention.  Usually I can get engrossed in a movie and get past it, but these flicks just leave me thinking "Okay, that could never ever happen".  That guy could ride an atomic bomb out of an airplane and use the explosion to propel him into a backflip and land on his feet.  No parachute necessary.

All in all, I won't see it until a very slow Blockbuster night in the future.

686100[/snapback]

That's what I'm saying, I wasn't holding it to the "realism" test, but even when you are forgiving in that department there isn't much to forgive in this movie versus the first two.