Is RW cheap?

I don't think RW is a cheap owner. The team is always close to the top of the cap for any given year. And correct me if I am wrong, but don't players get paid by the spot they were drafted. Isn't that why players usually are signed in packs, meaning that if #10 signs on Monday #9 will sign on Tuesday and so on. So if the BB drafted one of the QB's they would still get #8$'s or close to it, right!!!

And back in the Kelly heydays, before free agency RW and the BB were always one of the top payrolls for the league.

So someone please tell me way you think RW is a cheap owner?

Ralph is anything BUT cheap. A team is allowed to spend just 54% of the cap on player salaries, but Ralph has been spending 100% of the cap. That's amounted to a difference of over $30M each of the last 4-5 years alone.

So the next time people tell you Ralph is cheap, tell them they're stupid.

Ralph is not cheap, I agree. People are getting that impression from his campaign against revenue sharing. Ralph's right on that too. Think about it. Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones wouldn't agree to anything if their wallets weren't going to be increased in the process. Small market teams were going to get schalacked if the deal went through as they planned and Ralph, who loves the Bills and Buffalo, was worried that his team wouldn't be viable in the "New NFL." His concerns were legit and he isn't cheap. Kelly, Reed, Smith, Thomas, Bennett, Lofton...those guys weren't cheap to keep around at any point in their careers. Ralph is a fair guy who loves the game. People should get off his back.

I'm not saying he is cheap, but I thought some people figured he was cheap based on the whole Wade Phillips thing. Wilson claimed Phillips essentially resigned when he wouldn't fire Ronnie Jones and Wilson wouldn;t pay out the final year of Wade's contract. Wade appealled and was victorious. Not saying I agree he is cheap this is just a reaon why people may say so.

I'm not saying he is cheap, but I thought some people figured he was cheap based on the whole Wade Phillips thing. Wilson claimed Phillips essentially resigned when he wouldn't fire Ronnie Jones and Wilson wouldn;t pay out the final year of Wade's contract. Wade appealled and was victorious. Not saying I agree he is cheap this is just a reaon why people may say so.

685998[/snapback]

Yeah when he did that I heard a lot of cheap shots. But, that is because most people don't live by a set of principles. Ralph is old school, if you decide to quit because you don't do what the boss wants, then you shouldn't get paid for it.

Ralph is anything BUT cheap.  A team is allowed to spend just 54% of the cap on player salaries, but Ralph has been spending 100% of the cap.  That's amounted to a difference of over $30M each of the last 4-5 years alone.

So the next time people tell you Ralph is cheap, tell them they're stupid.

685705[/snapback]

They just need something to complain about.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're bitching a lot.

686452[/snapback]

I agree.....if you look up 'complainer' in the dictionary you see a group shot of TBD'ers.

Do you mean the guys who carried on and on about Bledsoe?  :lol:  :lol:  :D

687141[/snapback]

lol....I can't think of a good comeback for that, Bill :angry:

lol....I can't think of a good comeback for that, Bill  :angry:

687148[/snapback]

All the complaining is really for the same reason. We simply want the Bills to win and have differing views on the most likely way to achieve this.

Despite my grumbling, I still have faith. OK, not for 07 :lol: , but for some abstract day on which I think that the Bills will win it all.

It will be one hell of a party. :lol:

All the complaining is really for the same reason. We simply want the Bills to win and have differing views on the most likely way to achieve this.

Despite my grumbling, I still have faith. OK, not for 07  :angry: , but for some abstract day on which I think that the Bills will win it all.

It will be one hell of a party.  :lol:

687156[/snapback]

Just look at the Sabres. If they can come out of nowhere like this, who knows?

Uh, but then again, that may require your "abstract day" to be one when only DB's and 150 lb flankers are needed to win the game.