Suns defeat Lakers in game 7

By the way....this is something I feel very strongly about (just as I do about the bills) so matter how many haters come out of the woodwork I will have Kobe's back on this.....

Much in the same way the people will go to the mat to defend Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly.....who I know for a fact were not saints....but they were bills so I would defend them as well.

688522[/snapback]

I respect that you fight for him...I really do. Which is why I have refrained from calling him a rapist or making stuff up that isn't relevant.

But you are defending him to the point of madness. He has done his share of wrong, and he is not "the bigger man" or classy by any means in many situations. Through my posts, I was trying to illustrate that Kobe has been in the EXACT same situation as the one between him and Bell (with roles reversed) and he reacted in a similar and worse fashion.

You can go on defending him, trying to make him the victim but the blood is on his hands too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got a 2 game suspension for it and didn't complain about the suspension.

688530[/snapback]

Now you are just making stuff up.

Kobe's reaction to the suspension:

"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. And I get two games for this?"

That is complaining. But this is a sidetrack anyway.

Again... :)  How am I possibly taking the quotes out of context, when those are Kobe's direct responses to the elbow he threw at Millers face!!!  There is no other context.  He is taking about that foul!  He is saying that he thinks it is ok to do what he did.  It isn't.  It was retaliation.  Something Bryant later claimed to be above. (see first post quote).

Hard fouls yes.  Flagrant fouls no.  Hard fouls, Pistons.  Flagrant foul, Kobe on Miller Raja on Kobe.

688524[/snapback]

I agree a flagrant is a flagrant.....

When I talk about the Pistons however....sit down and watch how hard the contact is when they play defense....when Kobe is talking about hitting people he is talking about this (in my opinion anyway)

Now you are just making stuff up.

Kobe's reaction to the suspension:

"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. And I get two games for this?"

That is complaining.  But this is a sidetrack anyway.

688533[/snapback]

I dont consider that complaining....he is explaining his side and to be quite honest...telling the truth.....

It goes all the way back up to my original argument in this thread....for being a superstar in the league Kobe sure does have to put up with non calls, hard contact with no call.....if the refs were calling the game the way it should be called then Kobe would have no right to make that arguement.

I respect that you fight for him...I really do.  Which is why I have refrained from calling him a rapist or making stuff up that isn't relevant.

But you are defending him to the point of madness.  He has done his share of wrong, and he is not "the bigger man" or classy by any means in many situations.  Through my posts, I was trying to illustrate that Kobe has been in the EXACT same situation as the one between him and Bell (with roles reversed) and he reacted in a similar and worse fashion.

You can go on defending him, trying to make him the victim but the blood is on his hands too.

688531[/snapback]

Well....I would hardly call someone making his Millions a "victim".... :)

I aint gonna take it that far......shoot...I would let Raja closeline me all day long if I was making $1000 a minute or whatever Kobe make.... :doh:

On the court Kobe Bryant already is a better player then Michael ever was because he fights through more adversity then Michael ever had to......yes the great Michael who every feels it is ok to look past his own womanizing, cheating, gambling human being.

But go on folks....keep on forming your opinions off ESPN

688084[/snapback]

I haven't really watched basketball that much since the 80's Lakers OR Celtics would have beat the piss out of all of these teams.....however, you lecture Bills fans on how they know nothing about Kobe, and you make this statement?

Ummm, oooooooooook. :)

And we're out of touch?

Not really....I followed Jordan's career too.....just like I do Kobe's....

Actually...ESPN and the NBA tried very hard to sweep Michael's troubles under the rug as much as possible.....another hypocrital unfairness to Kobe

688571[/snapback]

I don't think Kobe is to the NBA's image as MJ was. MJ WAS the face of the NBA. Kobe is just one of many, along with Shaq and LeBron.

Not really....I followed Jordan's career too.....just like I do Kobe's....

Actually...ESPN and the NBA tried very hard to sweep Michael's troubles under the rug as much as possible.....another hypocrital unfairness to Kobe

688571[/snapback]

I fail to see how what you're doing is any different than what ESPN has done. Your posts throughout this thread drip with hypocrisy.

Koby didn't complain? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ESPN had their turn now it is mine....

Crap...not you to Alaska...:)

688635[/snapback]

Koby's a punk - most NBA players are. The sport is a joke compared to its heyday. Sorry John, being a fan of the team doesn't mean defending bad guys to the end.

Koby's a punk - most NBA players are.  The sport is a joke compared to its heyday.  Sorry John, being a fan of the team doesn't mean defending bad guys to the end.

688638[/snapback]

Not since Ron Artest's boy, anyway.

By the way....this is something I feel very strongly about (just as I do about the bills) so matter how many haters come out of the woodwork I will have Kobe's back on this.....

Much in the same way the people will go to the mat to defend Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly.....who I know for a fact were not saints....but they were bills so I would defend them as well.

688522[/snapback]

In other words, you're being a blatant Lakers homer. Could've just mentioned that in the beginning and saved yourself a lot of typing.

Addendum: That wasn't meant as a shot, JfH - I respect your right to your opinion, and I react much the same way when someone disses the Bills. But can you at least consider the idea that your allegiance to your team might just be affecting your objectivity?

In other words, you're being a blatant Lakers homer. Could've just mentioned that in the beginning and saved yourself a lot of typing.

688646[/snapback]

:)

Addendum: That wasn't meant as a shot, JfH - I respect your right to your opinion, and I react much the same way when someone disses the Bills. But can you at least consider the idea that your allegiance to your team might just be affecting your objectivity?

688646[/snapback]

Its ok...I needed to brush up on my typing anyway....

Boy do I feel like I am in the alamo on this one.....

688658[/snapback]

If it makes you feel any better, I really enjoy reading your Bills posts :)

688658[/snapback]

I'd say save the last bullet for yourself...but maybe save two. One for Kobe.