In the interests of fairness

Saw this news item on MSNBC's website, and thought I'd toss some red meat out to the Righties on the PPP.

A technology executive pleaded guilty Wednesday to paying more than $400,000 in bribes to a congressman in charges stemming from an investigation of Rep. William Jefferson, a Louisiana Democrat.

Vernon Jackson, 53, chief executive of the Louisville, Ky.-based telecommunications firm iGate Inc., admitted to bribery of a public official and conspiracy to bribe a public official during a plea hearing in U.S. District Court.

I haven't heard much about this case. I did a quick search, and it turns out he was the scumbag that used the National Guard to check on his house during the Katrina aftermath.

Here's a WaPo story from back in february detailing some of his "legal woes."

My take? While he's in the minor leagues when compared to Delay, Ney, or Cunningham, it's still corruption, and by-god it comes at a pretty crappy time because the Dems have the Reps on the ropes. A big F-U to you, Jefferson.

Have at it, fellas.

Saw this news item on MSNBC's website, and thought I'd toss some red meat out to the Righties on the PPP. 

I haven't heard much about this case.  I did a quick search, and it turns out he was the scumbag that used the National Guard to check on his house during the Katrina aftermath.

My take?  While he's in the minor leagues when compared to Delay, Ney, or Cunningham, it's still corruption, and by-god it comes at a pretty crappy time because the Dems have the Reps on the ropes.  A big F-U to you, Jefferson.

Have at it, fellas.

683624[/snapback]

What's the point?

I've had it with all of them.

I haven't heard much about this case.  I did a quick search, and it turns out he was the scumbag that used the National Guard to check on his house during the Katrina aftermath.

My take?  While he's in the minor leagues when compared to Delay, Ney, or Cunningham, it's still corruption, and by-god it comes at a pretty crappy time because the Dems have the Reps on the ropes.  A big F-U to you, Jefferson.

Have at it, fellas.

683624[/snapback]

Proving yet again that there is no difference between the Dems and Reps. They both suck.

I imagine you saw that Congress is having issues with passing a real ethics reform bill? The problem is that they are taking away too many perks, like free travel, etc. Of course, this is an election year, so they need to show that they are doing something without actually taking away any of the things that Congresscritters enjoy. :w00t:

What's the point?

I've had it with all of them.

683627[/snapback]

Me too. I will NEVER, EVER vote for any Republican or Democrat candidate for any office EVER again. Third party baby, let the revolution begin!

Me too. I will NEVER, EVER vote for any Republican or Democrat candidate for any office EVER again. Third party baby, let the revolution begin!

683664[/snapback]

Does anyone else think it accurate to refer to our current state of government as "The tyrrany of the two-party system"?

Or is it just me?

Does anyone else think it accurate to refer to our current state of government as "The tyrrany of the two-party system"?

Or is it just me?

683680[/snapback]

I think it is an accurate description. As someone who is fighting to change the unfair and unconsititutional election laws, "tyrrany of the two-party system" is pretty accurate.

Proving yet again that there is no difference between the Dems and Reps. They both suck.

I imagine you saw that Congress is having issues with passing a real ethics reform bill? The problem is that they are taking away too many perks, like free travel, etc. Of course, this is an election year, so they need to show that they are doing something without actually taking away any of the things that Congresscritters enjoy.  :w00t:

683635[/snapback]

Here's the a-holes that voted for that sham bill.

It was 217-213 (3 no vote). Only 8 of the Dems (out of 200 total) voted for it. You'll notice that it passed by less than those 8 votes :blink: .

Here are the eight Dems (too many Reps voted for it for me to list them all :blink: :

Barrow (GA)

Boren (OK)

Boswell (IO)

Cuellar (TX)

Marshall (GA)

Matheson (UT)

Melancon (LA)

Taylor (Miss.)

They're all up for re-election. Get the dirt on them here, here, and here. And if you live in a district where these eight Dems have a primary coming up, vote for the Dem running against them :huh: .

Or is it just me?

683680[/snapback]

Let's get rid of the one that has all the power right now and give the other one a chance. :w00t:

Or is it just me?

683680[/snapback]

Too bad it took you guys a decade to figure it out. Myself, I quit the hamster wheel in 91.

Kinda like the last time Jimmy Griffin ran for mayor and his opponent died a couple of weeks before the election, everyone from Superman to Elmer Fudd made the write in list  of votes.

683948[/snapback]

Except that Zappa and Walsh actually did run every four years.

And usually got about 200 or so votes. Which is either kind of worrisome, or really funny.