Marv wanted to take DT Williams in the 4th

Guess he *really* likes his motor...

The only question the Bills had with the pick of Simpson was whether or not to address defensive tackle again. Levy was concerned that LSU defensive tackle Kyle Williams would not be on the board in Round Five.

"When we were on the board in the fourth round there was a long, hard discussion as to whether we should take Kyle Williams there who we wanted badly," Levy said. "With a bit of a grimace they finally convinced me to take Simpson and we were fortunate to get Williams in the fifth round."

bb.com

In the same article he notes that he felt McCargo would have been there at the Bills' 2nd round pick. Looking like he was wrong twice, and allowed his team to convince him otherwise. There's one of the key differences between him and TD, IMO...TD would have ignored the advice...of course he probably would have taken Moss at #8 as well. :)

Marv could have ignored his employee's and completely alienated them in the process.

It is obvious they all wanted the players but when was the question. Better to get the people everyone wants imo.

You guys should really quote the whole thing so it's in context.....quit trying to take away my glory!

"When we were on the board in the fourth round there was a long, hard discussion as to whether we should take Kyle Williams there who we wanted badly," Levy said. "With a bit of a grimace they finally convinced me to take Simpson and we were fortunate to get Williams in the fifth round. Ultimately, though, it was AJZepp's endorsement of Ko Simpson that really helped me feel better about the pick. Even though AJ is a known TD ballwasher, when I read his post at TBD I knew what we had to do. I guess this just goes to prove that if you throw enough sh-- against the wall, sooner or later something sticks. That's pretty much how Ralph, Tom and I feel about AJZepp's opinions."

You guys should really quote the whole thing so it's in context.....quit trying to take away my glory!

"When we were on the board in the fourth round there was a long, hard discussion as to whether we should take Kyle Williams there who we wanted badly," Levy said. "With a bit of a grimace they finally convinced me to take Simpson and we were fortunate to get Williams in the fifth round. Ultimately, though, it was AJZepp's endorsement of Ko Simpson that really helped me feel better about the pick. Even though AJ is a known  TD ballwasher, when I read his post at TBD I knew what we had to do. I guess this just goes to prove that if you throw enough sh-- against the wall, sooner or later something sticks. That's pretty much how Ralph, Tom and I feel about AJZepp's opinions."

679998[/snapback]

:)