Rumor in D-Town was the Lions wanted

I'm not sure if the Lions coveting a guy we drafted is a good thing, but for those that just assume we could have traded down the local news reported the Lions were very interested in Whitner, and may have taken him over Sims had he been available.

I'm not sure if the Lions coveting a guy we drafted is a good thing, but for those that just assume we could have traded down the local news reported the Lions were very interested in Whitner, and may have taken him over Sims had he been available.

678938[/snapback]

I like hearing that for one big reason...If it's true, it's good to know that the D coordinator for the defense we are trying to emulate would have taken the guy we got 1 behind us.

But Mort said that wasn't true.....:lol:

678950[/snapback]

Next year the Bills are going to call Mort before doing anything on draft day...

Marv: Hi Mort

Mort: Hi you incompetent old fart who replaced my best friend

Marv: Is it okay if I go pinch a loaf

Mort: Forgot your Depends huh you fossil...

Marv: You're the smartest guy I know Mort...how's your kid doing at Arkansas?

Mort: He transfered you senile fool..

Marv: Oh I forgot he couldn't break the depth chart..I can't wait to have the opportunity to draft him in the 1st round...

you gotta figure Jaroun knew something. The Lions organization might have had scouts looking at Whitner all year long, while DJ was still there. He knows better than any "expert" what DET really needed and wanted.

But Mort said that wasn't true.....:lol:

678950[/snapback]

According to Mort, nobody on the planet, including his mother, wanted him.

678938[/snapback]

Remember how the Bills heard the Steelers were interested in Ryan Denney so the Bills stole him one pick before Pittsburgh in the 2nd round?

How's that working?

Remember how the Bills heard the Steelers were interested in Ryan Denney so the Bills stole him one pick before Pittsburgh in the 2nd round?

How's that working?

679053[/snapback]

Ask TD how that turned out....oh yea, he got fired. Marv is the captain of this canoe and a pretty fine one at that.