Max Jean Gilles

If he's there? Maybe not the greatest on the pass rush, but a road grader on running plays. Plus, I'm a Dawgs fan.

677668[/snapback]

I wonder if DJ Shockley will be drafted today

If he's there? Maybe not the greatest on the pass rush, but a road grader on running plays. Plus, I'm a Dawgs fan.

Jean Gilles

677668[/snapback]

give me jonathan scott - we need a LT to develop for the future (well, we need a LT now actually) and it's not like their easy to find......he's worth a shot given his upside.......

Yes.  My guess is round 5.

677674[/snapback]

That would be a good spot for him, I think. He's a bit raw playing behind Greene for a few years, but the kid has some talent. He could at least be a Quincy Carter w/out the drug issue.

Too late, Philly jumped up into Saints slot to get him.

Philly is having an awesome draft.

677687[/snapback]

Wonder what the combined weight of their draft picks is...... :lol:

yeah, we'll see

677688[/snapback]

The draft process is not the same as drafting good players. That's scouting. All the Kool-Aid fans are "How can you grade the draft until 3 years from now?" Well, pretty easily. Did your team get good value picks, or did they reach? Did the moves make sense? Did they maximize their draft assets? The draft process is more like poker than scouting and TD worked the draft process like a champ. He had the poker face and generally got good 'draft value' from his picks. Unfortunately, some of the guys that they targetted were ... umm ... Coy Wire. But that's scouting.

We can grade the players themselves in 2 or 3 years. They're Bills now and that's that. But the argument that the job Marv does in working the draft is some kind of sacred cow beyond reproach is ludicrous. The reason Buffalo is getting slammed is because the front office is not managing the draft process like an NFL franchise is expected to.