Check out this grade

Not ours, but New Orleans. From Bob Glauber at Newsday in Long Island:

2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush, RB, USC. The Saints had offers from the Jets, Bills and Packers, but were unwilling to part with the pick because they believe Bush's explosiveness will provide major impact.

8. Buffalo Bills: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State. Come again? The Bills got a good player in Whitner, but the bigger need here was at defensive tackle. Haloti Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley were on the board, but Buffalo reached for Whitner.

26. Buffalo Bills: John McCargo, DT, North Carolina State. So let's get this straight: The Bills passed on Ngata and Bunkley at No. 8 and took a safety, then traded up for an Average Joe such as McCargo? Whoa.

2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush, RB, USC. The Saints had offers from the Jets, Bills and Packers, but were unwilling to part with the pick because they believe Bush's explosiveness will provide major impact.

8. Buffalo Bills: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State. Come again? The Bills got a good player in Whitner, but the bigger need here was at defensive tackle. Haloti Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley were on the board, but Buffalo reached for Whitner.

26. Buffalo Bills: John McCargo, DT, North Carolina State. So let's get this straight: The Bills passed on Ngata and Bunkley at No. 8 and took a safety, then traded up for an Average Joe such as McCargo? Whoa.

676224[/snapback]

Not necessarily for Bush, coulda been for D'Brick

676224[/snapback]

I think it's more that they liked the pick. Makes one wonder who they had in mind at number 2? I doubt it was Bush.

676224[/snapback]

Maybe Marv thought Whitner wouldn't get past Tennessee.

676224[/snapback]

"This is a player we never expected to still be on the board when our pick came."

676224[/snapback]

"We really love the motor this kid has. He competes every play."

:o

I have a hunch the offer was to move up for D'Brick.

676231[/snapback]

One would like to think so. Still, I thought Marv was adverse to trading up at all - Jauron wanted to. But, water under the bridge anyway.

What grown man doesn't like bush, come on people...I've been drinking

676257[/snapback]

We're talking a couple guys over 80 here. The only Bush they get to see is the one in front of the rocker off the front porch.

I love these little tidbits because now...after our picks....the pundits come out and spin it like Ngata and Bunkley were no-brainers. Like they are sure thing All-Pro's and the Bills passed. It's all a risk folks. Our picks could turn out to be studs....know one really knows?

I love these little tidbits because now...after our picks....the pundits come out and spin it like Ngata and Bunkley were no-brainers. Like they are sure thing All-Pro's and the Bills passed.  It's all a risk folks.  Our picks could turn out to be studs....know one really knows?

676265[/snapback]

yup who knows but seemed like we reached with each pick versus making the expected pick. Bermans cabby has been throwing curve balls all day

yup who knows but seemed like we reached with each pick versus making the expected pick.    Bermans cabby has been throwing curve balls all day

676288[/snapback]

I think it's pretty clear that Berman uses the term 'curve ball' as a euphemism for '!@#$ up'.