I'm done excoriating this pick

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how many more picks Marv wastes today.

675146[/snapback]

Let's watch what happens when the season starts to make an even better judgement about the quality of this draft.

Whitmer appears to cleary be a bad pick as best as I can tell because we shoulda/coulda traded down and still get him and also get additional draft picks.

However, he clearly is an upgarde over Coy Wire, and there appear to be other options we better get to fil out holes at DT and on OL. We'll see.

675146[/snapback]

Right, Marv should be fired before any of the rookies he drafted play a game in NFL because some fans read lots of mock drafts believe they know much better than a HOF coach. ;)

Right, Marv should be fired before any of the rookies he drafted play a game in NFL because some fans read lots of mock drafts believe they know much better than a HOF coach.  ;)

675184[/snapback]

It's not calculus, it's football. You need a DT in the worst way imagineable. A quality DT is available, you take him.

It's that easy.

Want a good example of what ignoring the lines in favor of drafting "best player available" means?

See: TD's tenure in Buffalo.

Again, the last refuge of the terminally rose-colored.

675168[/snapback]

And the problem with being a fan with rose colored glasses on is what? Enlighten me o'brilliant one.

I would submit you find yourself another team / sport or hobby. Being a fan means different things to different people.

Sure there are some who like to view every Bills move as the most critical in their every day life; who are over emotive, paranoid, weak, and short sighted, with one foot off the ledge ready to jump off.......I on the other hand like to look through the rose colored glasses and drink the Bills kool aid every fricking day?

So what? You are proud of your cynicism? ;)

That is very very telling and well I could go on but hey why introduce reality into this thread.......do not look now but 9 defensive players have been taken with more than one of them being in the secondary. Maybe Marv was so ahead of the curve he outsmarted people. With due respect, it is not hard to do to football fans.

It's not calculus, it's football. You need a DT in the worst way imagineable. A quality DT is available, you take him.

It's that easy.

Want a good example of what ignoring the lines in favor of drafting "best player available" means?

675188[/snapback]

The BILLS regularly drafted for need during Donahoe's tenure, but it's fun to pretend otherwise. Which can't miss tackle are you advocating giving Ralph's money to?

It's that easy.

675188[/snapback]

Last time I checked, there're seven rounds in the draft. Since when a DT drafted after 1st round is guaranteed to become a bust? ;)

Right, Marv should be fired before any of the rookies he drafted play a game in NFL because some fans read lots of mock drafts believe they know much better than a HOF coach.  ;)

675184[/snapback]

read the Mke Mayock mock draft from yesterday.

He had the Bills taking Whitner @ #8.

675146[/snapback]

JoeSix, I really thought you were smarter than this. First, to day this was Marv shows an ignorance of the system with which they are selecting players. Second, this scouting staff knows the kind of players they need for this new system. Do YOU know better than they do? Many teams liked Whitner, and the Rams made it impossible to make the trade with the Broncos. I can't believe how you guys are judging this pick because most drafts had him between 10 and 20. You hear all these names every day and you think those names mean they're the right names.

When Whitner makes game changing plays I'll remind you that you called this a wasted pick. If there's a joke in regard to this pick, it's the reaction to it.

The BILLS regularly drafted for need during Donahoe's tenure, but it's fun to pretend otherwise.  Which can't miss tackle are you advocating giving Ralph's money to?

675201[/snapback]

Uh, you're telling me that Roscoe Parrish was a need?

Right.