I love the way some try to put a postive spin

How many had Div II D-lines? 

This kid better be a good tackler, cause the way teams were runing up between the the DT's last year, he'll be getting a lot of opportunites.

675295[/snapback]

What are you talking about? Don't you know that Witner's the next coming of Ronnie Lott?

;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the way some posters try to sugar coat the Bills disasters. After a disasterous move the team makes, they begin the "On second thought, It's not so bad. Or the "Just wait and see" kind of stuff.

The lastest is our # 8 draft pick. Now, after the initial reaction to the disaster has sunk in, some are trying to play up or sugar coat this disaster.

It's the same kind of talk we heard after these disasters:

1) Greggo over Marvin Lewis and John Fox

2) Mike Williams over Bryant McKinnie

3) Mularkey over Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennell

Tell me, how did those turn out folks?

Excuse me if I am unable to see the brighter side of this draft pick. I'm just looking at the facts of the past.

675135[/snapback]

I agree with a lot of this, but my favorite are the "level headed" good sentence structurists who exclaim the following like clockwork every year.....

"Let's just wait to see how the picks turn out first - after all, you don't work for the Bills."

Then we get to....

"It's just training camp, they need time to gel."

Then...

"It's only pre-season dumbass, we aren't trying to win, get first downs, or look good, we just want to be vanilla."

Continuing....

"It's early morons, 1-3 with only one offensive touchdown, doesn't mean disaster, there's plenty of time left."

And finally......

"Hey, we're 3-7, but the division is bad, so if we run the table, and maybe beat Team X on the road, who is 9-1, and only lose one more game at NE, we can do this thing."

And then we're full circle, back to cutting people, and getting ready to pick guys like Donte Whitner at #8 overall again. Meanwhile, guys like Gary Kubiak are in Houston, and we get Marv back (although I love him), but cmon. Why the fugg not trade down and try to get Whitner later, and if he isn't there, get Bunkley or Ngata. Un-fuggin-believable.

Oh boy, the beat goes on.

Meanwhile, guys like Gary Kubiak are in Houston,

675313[/snapback]

;) What the !@#$ has Gary Kubiak done?? For all we know he's the next Mike Mularkey :o

Ok...so you like the pick for the Titans...but based on PAST history...Texas players have been flops....so why do you like this but do not like Donte Whitner, because of GW's overbloated interview and TD not taking John Fox??  ;)  :o  :lol:

675307[/snapback]

Actually I don't subscribe to the fact that "Texas" players have been flops. Some have yes, I agree. But, remember everyone said that Penn St. RBs were always flops? Then Larry Johnson changed that.

Also, Florida WRs have a reputation as being flops, seen as a product of their system. Maybe that's why Chad Jackson is slipping. But, he may be a very good player.

I don't think you can just say that certain players/positions from certain schools will be flops as a blanket statement.

I agree with a lot of this, but my favorite are the "level headed" good sentence structurists who exclaim the following like clockwork every year.....

"Let's just wait to see how the picks turn out first - after all, you don't work for the Bills."

Then we get to....

"It's just training camp, they need time to gel."

Then...

"It's only pre-season dumbass, we aren't trying to win, get first downs, or look good, we just want to be vanilla."

Continuing....

"It's early morons, 1-3 with only one offensive touchdown,  doesn't mean disaster, there's plenty of time left."

And finally......

Hey, we're 3-7, but the division is bad, so if we run the table, and maybe beat Team X on the road, who is 9-1, and only lose one more game at NE, we can do this thing."

And then we're full circle, back to cutting people, and getting ready to pick guys like Donte Whitner at #8 overall again.  Meanwhile, guys like Gary Kubiak are in Houston, and we get Marv back (although I love him), but cmon.  Why the fugg not trade down and try to get Whitner later, and if he isn't there, get Bunkley or Ngata.  Un-fuggin-believable.

Oh boy, the beat goes on.

675313[/snapback]

This is exactly what I'm saying. I couldn't agree more or have written it any better. Every year we hear this same nonsense when these things occur. You have hit the nail on the head.

;)  What the !@#$ has Gary Kubiak done??  For all we know he's the next Mike Mularkey  :o

675317[/snapback]

Have you ever seen the Denver offensive scheme? Widely considered to be one of the best in the league. They have average/slightly above average skill position players (Plummer, Bell, Dayne, aging Rod Smith, underachieving Lelie) and they almost always are able to move the ball and score points.

Kubiak is no Mularkey. No way.

This is exactly what I'm saying. I couldn't agree more or have written it any better. Every year we hear this same nonsense when these things occur. You have hit the nail on the head.

675340[/snapback]

Yeah, cause in the NFL there are never teams that start slowly and then get better as the season goes on...... ;)

I don't know how I feel about this pick, but I DO know that it doesn't matter WHO we drafted, we won't know how good or bad they will be for a while.

Have you ever seen the Denver offensive scheme? Widely considered to be one of the best in the league. They have average/slightly above average skill position players (Plummer, Bell, Dayne, aging Rod Smith, underachieving Lelie) and they almost always are able to move the ball and score points.

675349[/snapback]

It's all speculation until he actually does something - good or bad. There are plenty of examples of coordinators of successful offenses/defenses over the past decade or so who have fallen on their face when they were given the reigns.

675349[/snapback]

Not only that, Kubiak is an offensive coach, and Houston's owner was on Sirius today explaining the when talks with Bush were going so-so, Kubiak was the ring leader in saying that Let's go get Williams, he'll help them more anyway. An offensive coach, who went out and got Moulds, to line up opposite of his #1, and is objective about his roster. A coach, who also, DRAFTS FOR NEED and IMPACT. Imagine that. Took a lot of sack to pass up on Bush and Vince Young. I respect that alot. We could have added more picks today and ended up with either Bunkley, Ngata or the guy we ended up with.

Yeah, I'll take Kubiak over perennial loser Jauron anyday. Any fuggin day of the week.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that Witner's the next coming of Ronnie Lott?

;)

675312[/snapback]

As if Ngata and Bunkley are the next Randy White? No hypocrisy there. If they were, there's no doubt teams woulda been tripping over themselves to move up.

Not only that, Kubiak is an offensive coach, and Houston's owner was on Sirius today explaining the when talks with Bush were going so-so, Kubiak was the ring leader in saying that Let's go get Williams, he'll help them more anyway.  An offensive coach, who went out and got Moulds, to line up opposite of his #1, and is objective about his roster.  A coach, who also, DRAFTS FOR NEED and IMPACT.  Imagine that.  Took a lot of sack to pass up on Bush and Vince Young.  I respect that alot.  We could have added more picks today and ended up with either Bunkley, Ngata or the guy we ended up with.

Yeah, I'll take Kubiak over perennial loser Jauron anyday.  Any fuggin day of the week.

675365[/snapback]

I guess I need to add you to the "miserable bastards" list that I have.....You can take Frez's place since I took him off.

Yeah, cause in the NFL there are never teams that start slowly and then get better as the season goes on...... ;)

675355[/snapback]

Yeah, and for all but three NFL teams, it hasn't taken since 1999 to do so. Guess who one of the three teams is?

I guess I need to add you to the "miserable bastards" list that I have.....You can take Frez's place since I took him off.

675368[/snapback]

Thanks, and I'll add you to the "lemming" group! Maybe someday, the way this franchise is going we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

Let's see, how about 2016? Think we'll be there by then?

675349[/snapback]

Mularkey makes Jerry Glanville look like a genius.

Yeah, and for all but three NFL teams, it hasn't taken since 1999 to do so.  Guess who one of the three teams is?

675370[/snapback]

Yeah, and you know what? Pissing and moaning about it over and over and over again doesn't exactly do a whole helluva lot of good. Don't you think that those of us who are diehards are a bit bothered and frustrated too???? I've been a Bills fan for 21 years. There are people on this board who have been fans twice as long as I have. We're ALL frustrated. We just choose to take a break from perpetually pissing in everyones cheerios.

Thanks, and I'll add you to the "lemming" group!  Maybe someday, the way this franchise is going we'll meet somewhere in the middle. 

Let's see, how about 2016?  Think we'll be there by then?

675372[/snapback]

So basically, even though we've got a whole new regime in here, who have made exactly ONE draft pick, you're just going to throw in the towel, huh? That's pathetic.....Marv and Jauron deserve at least a little time to right the ship.

Yeah, and you know what? Pissing and moaning about it over and over and over again doesn't exactly do a whole helluva lot of good. Don't you think that those of us who are diehards are a bit bothered and frustrated too????  I've been a Bills fan for 21 years. There are people on this board who have been fans twice as long as I have. We're ALL frustrated. We just choose to take a break from perpetually pissing in everyones cheerios.

675383[/snapback]

And some of us diehards are sick of losing a little bit more I guess. We like pissing in cheerios, when the situation calls for it. Just like last year, when everyone realized the franchise was flundering under TD.

It's amazing that when the fans actually publicly showed frustration, ole Tommy Boy was gone. Problem is we ended up with Marv, who has already been schooled today, and Dick friggin Jauron.

And please don't lecture me on being a Bills fan for 21 years, because I've been there longer and have season tix in VA. If I wanna B word about my money going to this crap, I certainly will. It worked to get rid of TD.

So basically, even though we've got a whole new regime in here, who have made exactly ONE draft pick, you're just going to throw in the towel, huh? That's pathetic.....Marv and Jauron deserve at least a little time to right the ship.

675406[/snapback]

No, the pick was awful in that spot. AWFUL. And yes, when you come in here with Jauron's overall record, he needs to prove to fans he can get it done.

Jauron is a loser. It's up to ole Dick Jauron to quiet the skeptics. After all, he's on his third lease of coaching life.

I'm skeptical.