Kamerion Wimbley

MrLocke

I know Peter Boulware has been a good player in the NFL, but why would anyone think that Wimbley can play after the huge busts Florida State has produced at defensive end?

Andre Wadsworth- bust.

Reinard Wilson- bust.

Jamal Reynolds-bust.

Why would Wimbley be any different from Wadsworth Wilson and Reynolds? Bobby Bowden must have some connections to get his guys drafted highly.

I think it's because in the last few years, the so called "tweeners" - lightweight DE's and middleweight LB's, have had a good deal of success in combating the relaxation of rules governing coverage of pass recievers.

And a smart club - PGH comes to mind - looks at what they see, and runs the ball down their throat and controls the clock. Those spiffy trendy lightning-quick pass rushers start to step on their tongues and run out of gas as the game progresses. Pretty simple.

Lombardi was right. :P

Because they are thinking of playing him as an outside LB in the 3-4 defense.  They think he can rush he passer from there.

671247[/snapback]

exactly. these so-called "tweeners" give a defense flexibility. Can play OLB in a 3-4 and be a pass rusher from there, but since he playd DE, it isnt out of the realm of possibility to line him up at DE a few plays if you swich to a 4-man front for a series/play, etc.

It gives the defense flexibility.

I know Peter Boulware has been a good player in the NFL, but why would anyone think that Wimbley can play after the huge busts Florida State has produced at defensive end?

Andre Wadsworth- bust.

Reinard Wilson- bust.

Jamal Reynolds-bust.

Why would Wimbley be any different from Wadsworth Wilson and Reynolds? Bobby Bowden must have some connections to get his guys drafted highly.

671217[/snapback]

Ahhh yes. "he plays the same position at the same school as a previous bust, so he's going to be a bust" logic. Brilliant!

Ahhh yes. "he plays the same position at the same school as a previous bust, so he's going to be a bust" logic. Brilliant!

671277[/snapback]

I forgot about Derrick Alexander in the 1995 draft. You don't find this trend to be somewhat scary for FSU defensive ends? Read this article.