Ricky Williams - Out For 2006

Tom

and yet.......

The radio guys on WQAM (Miami) are saying it's not fair and Ricky should be given another chance. Gosh, I wish I could fail 4 drug tests at my work and still be employed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he have an addiction, maybe not

Does he have a problem, Yes

Obviously this guy has a drug problem as his partaking in this drug has affected his life multiple times and he does not seem to really care. That is a problem. An addiction would mean he can't stop doing it without assistance and no matter what he feels he has to do it. I see a drug problem as being a step below an addiction, and the only reason I don't see him having an addiction is because apparently, weed is not an addictive drug

Don't kid yourself thinking this guy does not have a problem, multiple suspensions for drug related test results, he has a problem

670587[/snapback]

You know when it's a drug problem? It's a drug problem when it gets you fired from your job, or your children taken away from you, and you have exhausted all means to support yourself and your family. It's a drug problem when no one wants to hang around you, and your family ignores you, and the bill collectors are everywhere and the best you can hope for is it hand out shopping carts at Wal-Mart.

Ricky Williams has craploads of money and doesn't need to work another day in his life if he so chooses. In my opinion, he doesn't have a problem with drugs. He has a problem making responsible decisions.

You know when it's a drug problem? It's a drug problem when it gets you fired from your job, or your children taken away from you, and you have exhausted all means to support yourself and your family. It's a drug problem when no one wants to hang around you, and your family ignores you, and the bill collectors are everywhere and the best you can hope for is it hand out shopping carts at Wal-Mart.

Ricky Williams has craploads of money and doesn't need to work another day in his life if he so chooses. In my opinion, he doesn't have a problem with drugs. He has a problem making responsible decisions.

670843[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more.

You know when it's a drug problem? It's a drug problem when it gets you fired from your job, or your children taken away from you, and you have exhausted all means to support yourself and your family.

670843[/snapback]

Ricky's been suspended from his job for a year. If they make him pay back that bonus, he'll have exhausted his means of support. So that's two out of three.

670843[/snapback]

They said on Sirius Radio that he owes the dolphins more than 8 million dollars. I am not so sure that he has a lot of money.

Hey, I say just let the guy play ball. You think he is the only guy in the NFL smokin weed? His problem is he is dumb enough to get caught. If everyone in the U.S.A. who smokes weed was fired like he was, the unemployment rate might go to 15%. Geez, players and ex-players who get away with murder are treated better than him.

Hey, I say just let the guy play ball. You think he is the only guy in the NFL smokin weed? His problem is he is dumb enough to get caught. If everyone in the U.S.A. who smokes weed was fired like he was, the unemployment rate might go to 15%. Geez, players and ex-players who get away with murder are treated better than him.

671103[/snapback]

Point taken, but this IS the rule. He could get piss drunk every day and be a multi-millionaire.

I suspect that he is a sick kid, and if true, I have a degree of sympathy for him.

It is OK however.....I will get over it. :P

It was the hourly update LA.

671134[/snapback]

Okay, but I still am under the impression that he did not have to give back the $8M because he returned to play last year. Am I remembering that incorrectly???

Personally, I think he SHOULD give back the money as well as never play the game again simply for leaving his team hanging. And if he IS piss poor, then I'll be the first to say he has a dope problem. But I'm fairly certain he keeps the green.

I live in south fla. and they are absolutely bashing williams for coming up dirty. I am not saying I mind but it goes to show you the dolfag mentality of the fans here. No pride or respect for there team. Hey the guy screwed up, what are you gonna do, they are acting like there season is over or something.

Okay, but I still am under the impression that he did not have to give back the $8M because he returned to play last year. Am I remembering that incorrectly???

Personally, I think he SHOULD give back the money as well as never play the game again simply for leaving his team hanging. And if he IS piss poor, then I'll be the first to say he has a dope problem. But I'm fairly certain he keeps the green.

671173[/snapback]

IIRC, he did get to keep the money. I don't remember if it was a civil court matter or something hashed ( :P ) out between the 'Fins and the NFLPA. But I suppose conditions regarding future events might have been attached. If the Fin's lawyers were sharp, they might have insisted on an escrow account payable in increments depending on Ricky meeting the terms.

670843[/snapback]

The only reason he hasn't lost his job is because he is a star athlete, if he was on the practice squad or a 2nd or 3rd tier player, the team would have cut him long ago and no one would have cared. :P

It is a problem when this substance affects your job/life. It is a serious problem when you get to the points you described. So becuase he has millions it must be harder for him to have a drug problem? The guy has been suspended numerous times for drug related instances, THAT IS A PROBLEM. Weither he wants to admit it or not it is a problem. Its not like this is the first time this happened to him, accidents can happen, I'm sure most people have come into work one morning hung over from the night before and it has affected their productivity the next day. But when it becomes a regular occurance, its a problem. Most people are lucky that they don't have to go through regular drug screening at their jobs so if they use recreational drugs on the weekend or time off, it won't affect their jobs, his job entails regular drug tests and he knows it yet continues to do it which means he has a problem

The only reason he hasn't lost his job is because he is a star athlete, if he was on the practice squad or a 2nd or 3rd tier player, the team would have cut him long ago and no one would have cared.  :P

It is a problem when this substance affects your job/life. It is a serious problem when you get to the points you described. So becuase he has millions it must be harder for him to have a drug problem? The guy has been suspended numerous times for drug related instances, THAT IS A PROBLEM. Weither he wants to admit it or not it is a problem. Its not like this is the first time this happened to him, accidents can happen, I'm sure most people have come into work one morning hung over from the night before and it has affected their productivity the next day. But when it becomes a regular occurance, its a problem. Most people are lucky that they don't have to go through regular drug screening at their jobs so if they use recreational drugs on the weekend or time off, it won't affect their jobs, his job entails regular drug tests and he knows it yet continues to do it which means he has a problem

671192[/snapback]

DRUGS ARE BAD MMKAAY

The only reason he hasn't lost his job is because he is a star athlete, if he was on the practice squad or a 2nd or 3rd tier player, the team would have cut him long ago and no one would have cared.  :P
Which is why I say Ricky has a responsibility problem, not a drug problem. You'd think with his status as a killer running back, he'd put the dope down. Believe me, giving up dope is NOT that difficult. Heroin, meth, booze, cigarettes? Yes, very addictive and tougher to overcome. Giving up dope? From experience I tell you, it is easy to walk away. He chooses to keep smoking, and it is that choice which remains the problem. It's not the dope IN the pipe, it's the doping holding it.

Which is why I say Ricky has a responsibility problem, not a drug problem. You'd think with his status as a killer running back, he'd put the dope down. Believe me, giving up dope is NOT that difficult. Heroin, meth, booze, cigarettes? Yes, very addictive and tougher to overcome. Giving up dope? From experience I tell you, it is easy to walk away. He chooses to keep smoking, and it is that choice which remains the problem. It's not the dope IN the pipe, it's the doping holding it.

671320[/snapback]

I won't disagree that the guy has problems with responsibility, but I believe that the problem stems from his love for the drug. Obviously he could probably just put down the weed without much problems but choses not too. I see that as more of a drug problem.

I think we are more or less arguing over the wording (what I'm refering to as a drug problem, you see as being a problem with responsibility)

I'm very pro-doobie, myself.....but like LA said, the bigger issue is that the guy is just plain stupid. He's a father of however many children, has the ability to earn millions a year for the ten or so years out of his life where his body will allow him to play professional football, and what does he do? He can't put down the bong.

I've known my best friend since the 8th grade - 21 years.  He's pretty much doing the same thing now as he was when we first graduated high school. While most of us have either gone to college, positioned ourselves in a career, or both, he's pretty much gone from low paying job to low paying job. He lives from paycheck to paycheck, has a pretty small little apartment somewhere over by the Eastman building, and can't figure out why he's not further along in life for a 34 year old (soon to be 35) man. You know what his problem is? He can't get himself out of bed. I tried my best to help him for YEARS. We'd agree to take classes together, start a little sales business on the side for some extra money, go to seminars in and around upstate NY, etc, etc. The guy is always late, he's lazy, and simply cannot get himself going. If he could just change this ONE aspect of his life, I truly believe that he'd find himself much further along. And I know that sounds very simplistic, but it's the God's honest truth. Sometimes that ONE thing you fail to overcome can wreak havoc on the rest of your life. Ricky can't put down the bong, and my friend can't get himself the hell out of bed.

670706[/snapback]

It sounds like your friend's lack of accomplishments aren't from smoking weed, but from lack of motivation. I recently quit smoking because my work does random UA's and the guy I was working next to the other day got popped with a random and got canned...I don't want that to be me...But i'm motivated and striving to better myself whichever way I can, and I consider myself a smoker probably til I die and i'm not afraid to admit that. I know quite a lot of people that smoke weed and have great jobs/lives and it doesn't stop them from doing really well in whatever they do. If you don't succeed, you don't blame it on your addictions...blame it on yourself. It's called willpower! :D