Last Call - MS Walk 2006

rockpile

I usually reply. It's late here but want  you to know you have my support. The love of my life has MS(relapsing remitting) but, my supporting her, I hope you know that I support you. MS has touched my life in so many ways. My best friend, his sister, their father and aunt have MS. Bless you and all of them!

674162[/snapback]

The best thing you can do is support her. Is she mostly in remission? I have an aggressive neurologist who is doing everything to stall future attacks until they find a cure. The meds available today are incredible compared to a few decades ago, but every day is a crap shoot! ;)

I am sorry MS has affected so many that are close. Support her (and them) and help her fight this disease. There are ways to compensate so that you can still enjoy a quality life. PM me if you want to talk. :P

Be honest. Those who have met me - how many would have guessed I had MS? Maybe you thought I should see a doctor but not for medical reasons ! :):devil:

How's the fundraising going? Close to your goal? Need us donors to shame some other posters into support this?

683343[/snapback]

Thanks for the bump, and thanks for the support, but please understand there is no "shame" if somebody does not sponsor me. :w00t: We all have personal causes, tithes, and fund raisers we support and a person can only contribute what they contribute.

As of today I am at $645 (received) with some more pledges in the mail. About 85% is from TSWers! That is up from $450 on April 26th.

Thanks! The walk is Sunday if anyone still wants to jump in. :blink:

sponsor me here and visit my team page from this link

I'll help, my mom has MS. There is nothing i'd love to see more than an end to that terrible illness. My mom was diagnosed in 1989.

God Bless all of you fighting that disease, one day it will defeated.

I'll shoot you some money right now Rockpile, so be on the lookout. :P

I hope I sponsored the right person! It was only 10 bucks, I wish it was more...but i'm pretty broke.

I'll help, my mom has MS. There is nothing i'd love to see more than an end to that terrible illness. My mom was diagnosed in 1989.

I'll shoot you some money right now Rockpile, so be on the lookout. :P

I hope I sponsored the right person! It was only 10 bucks, I wish it was more...but i'm pretty broke.

684949[/snapback]

Outstanding. Just outstanding. How is your mom?

She's doing pretty well LA. She's in remission now but like most MS patients...some days are good and some are bad. She doesn't have it severe like Richard Pryor for instance, she has some balance and vision problems mainly. Since I was 15 I did all the driving for her because she often sees double and has blurred vision. But as long as she doesn't drive she seems to be ok. I can't remember what medication she takes but I know it costs almost a grand a month...(thank god for insurance) Thanks for asking LA...do you know someone who has MS?

She's doing pretty well LA. She's in remission now but like most MS patients...some days are good and some are bad. She doesn't have it severe like Richard Pryor for instance, she has some balance and vision problems mainly. Since I was 15 I did all the driving for her because she often sees double and has blurred vision. But as long as she doesn't drive she seems to be ok. I can't remember what medication she takes but I know it costs almost a grand a month...(thank god for insurance) Thanks for asking LA...do you know someone who has MS?

685160[/snapback]

A good friend of mine has it, but has been able to fight it well with medication. Like you said, good days and bad, but he's had many more good as a result of the meds now available.

I'll shoot you some money right now Rockpile, so be on the lookout. :lol:

684949[/snapback]

I got it. There is no such thing as only ten bucks!

God Bless you too. :lol:

Sounds like your Mom has relapsing/remitting MS which is the "friendly" MS. :w00t: That is what I have. You have an attack, it takes something away from you, and when the attack stops, it keeps a part of what it took from you. How is that for the man-on-the-street definition?

Have your mom talk to her doctor (she should be seeing a neurologist who is also an opthamologist). I was starting to see double all the time, especially when I was tired. My neuro put a prism in one lens of my glasses, and the world is much clearer. I was wondering if I was going to have to stop driving!

Richard Pryor had Primary Progessive MS which is the worst kind. That's what people picture when you say MS, because they can see it. MS is a strange disease because it is different for every person.

I will post the total later today. My thanks to all. :)