OLN's TV Crew during Saturday nights game

Not sure who he sounds like, but he looks like a darker Mike Lupica!

Actually, I am likely in the minority on this, but I think, overall, OLN has done a pretty good job with the NHL. The guys doing the game are pretty knowledgable, and call a fair game...they obviously don't have the budget that ESPN had, but I kind of like the simple presentation....

Not sure who he sounds like, but he looks like a darker Mike Lupica! 

Actually, I am likely in the minority on this, but I think, overall, OLN has done a pretty good job with the NHL.  The guys doing the game are pretty knowledgable, and call a fair game...they obviously don't have the budget that ESPN had, but I kind of like the simple presentation....

668530[/snapback]

The camera work full on sucked ass last night in my opinion. Commentators were alright with the exception of all the football references. Tight end. Tight end. Tight end.

The camera work full on sucked ass last night in my opinion. Commentators were alright with the exception of all the football references. Tight end. Tight end. Tight end.

668570[/snapback]

McJeff, does DirecTv have a good HD package? I think I've got too many trees in the way of the SW sky, but I may get someone to come out and see if they can make it work. My cable system got rid of the NFL Network, and now I find out that Bravesvision doesn't exist anymore :)

Might be a good time to ditch the cable

668570[/snapback]

Oh yeah, the football thing was a little weak (Forsberg is Joe Montana, because he always sees the open receiver.......) but I guess I thought the camerawork was fine...hockey is not the easiest sport for television...

668570[/snapback]

Does anyone know which network's (of the 4 networks broadcasting the game last night) camera crews worked the game last night.

I haven't watched the entire MSG broadcast yet, but for the "Carubba Collisions" shown on the Jumbotron, the camera work was horrible. I don't know if OLN gets to put in their crew or if it was MSG's because it was a Buffalo home game.

If it was MSG cameramen, I'm thinking several regulars scheduled vacation for this weekend.

I actually don't hate OLN's broadcasts but do hate Brickley and Edwards. Beneditti (sp?) and Eliot are decent (not great, but there are several that are much worse) and I've actually gotten used to the "Rangers" broadcasters over the years (don't love them, but can tolerate them). The only broadcasters besides RJ and Jim that I do really like are CBC's crews and surprisingly the LA Kings' crew.