Also, for those keeping up...

I've posted this link before, but once again a nice consolidated place for relevant articles and analysis.

globalsecurity.org - WMD page

668146[/snapback]

If I didn't have a daughter, I'd say we should just end this whole human race thingy once and for all. We as a species are too stupid to deserve a future.

I've posted this link before, but once again a nice consolidated place for relevant articles and analysis.

globalsecurity.org - WMD page

668146[/snapback]

Thanks. I've had that site bookmarked for years, but haven't visited it for a while.

I wish folks would learn more - as I am sure you do, also - about what a terrible thing that even one nuclear explosion would be, and the shattering aftermath... :)

Thanks. I've had that site bookmarked for years, but haven't visited it for a while.

I wish folks would learn more - as I am sure you do, also - about what a terrible thing that even one nuclear explosion would be, and the shattering aftermath... :)

669851[/snapback]

Trust me. I already know more than most people would care to.

My comment wasn't about you. It was about a wider appreciation of the horror of a nuclear explosion.

670092[/snapback]

Oh, I know it wasn't, Cincy. I was just musing out loud and pretty well agreeing with you. The realities of things are pretty well lost on a lot of people, until they happen.

Oh, I know it wasn't, Cincy. I was just musing out loud and pretty well agreeing with you. The realities of things are pretty well lost on a lot of people, until they happen.

670126[/snapback]

I need to look up that PSU site that depicted a 20 MT burst, and re-post it. I know that's a lot of tonnage these days, but it seems that a lot of references have dropped off.

It is so sad, maddening, that so many do not realize that an ideological war that dwarfs anything previous is around the corner; tinder awaiting spark.

Ancient hatreds with modern capabilities... :)

I need to look up that PSU site that depicted a 20 MT burst, and re-post it. I know that's a lot of tonnage these days, but it seems that a lot of references have dropped off.

It is so sad, maddening, that so many do not realize that an ideological war that dwarfs anything previous is around the corner; tinder awaiting spark.

Ancient hatreds with modern capabilities... :)

670167[/snapback]

Honestly, I wouldn't do that. It doesn't reflect the reality and many people who read it would look at it in the Sci-Fi frame of mind, and dismiss it. Defeats the purpose.

I could probably do a half decent job of explaining a 6-8 kt device in Washington, LA or NYC - but I'm just another internet poster with an opinion.

Honestly, I wouldn't do that. It doesn't reflect the reality and many people who read it would look at it in the Sci-Fi frame of mind, and dismiss it. Defeats the purpose.

I could probably do a half decent job of explaining a 6-8 kt device in Washington, LA or NYC - but I'm just another internet poster with an opinion.

670178[/snapback]

OK. Seems to me that a lot of sites that have projected results - if that's a correct word to use, have gone away. Perhaps I'm not doing a good search.

I'd like your opinion of an urban scenario at those Kt levels. I really would - I'm not being a wiseguy...not in the least.

Edited by stuckincincy

OK.  Seems to me that a lot of sites that have projected results - if that's a correct word to use, have gone away. Perhaps I'm not doing a good search.

I'd like your opinion of an urban scenario at those Kt levels. I really would - I'm not being a wiseguy...not in the least.

670896[/snapback]

I'll work on working one up. I have a little bit older unclassifed version of the same software that much of the government uses for modeling WMD related target effects.

Talk about a video game...