USA Soccer World Ranking....

ajzepp

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil is better than Italy, and the Czech Republic.  Italy has more of a chance of !@#$ing up.  Brazil won't.  They don't need tactics, they just throw their top 11 on the field regardless of position and let them play.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/98694/joy_ronaldinho/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/99423/ronaldinho_show/.

The star of Brazil and one of the greatest to play the game.

671234[/snapback]

Geesh, that guy is just sick....the second video gave me a bit of a headache, but it was worth it lol. I love the one clip where he ran right through the defender and the goalie for the easy score.....almost looks like they had given up on the other side by that point, cause it was both a great play and a lazy effort on their part. The guy is just an artist, though....plain and simple.

Geesh, that guy is just sick....the second video gave me a bit of a headache, but it was worth it lol. I love the one clip where he ran right through the defender and the goalie for the easy score.....almost looks like they had given up on the other side by that point, cause it was both a great play and a lazy effort on their part. The guy is just an artist, though....plain and simple.

672587[/snapback]

he led barcelona to the Champions League finals this week. Simply the best player to ever step on a soccer field. I wonder when the Italians will find a guy like that . :blink:

he led barcelona to the Champions League finals this week.  Simply the best player to ever step on a soccer field.  I wonder when the Italians will find a guy like that . ;)

672592[/snapback]

What about that terrorist guy you were telling me about on the Italian team? :blink:

I think that Freddy Adu has the potential to be a special player for the US, but I don't know that he'll ever be in Ronaldhino's league.

What about that terrorist guy you were telling me about on the Italian team?  :blink:

I think that Freddy Adu has the potential to be a special player for the US, but I don't know that he'll ever be in Ronaldhino's league.

672609[/snapback]

If Totti was a brazilian, he'd be the best in the world ;) In Brazil, they play worry free, barely even use any tactics. In Italy, a guy like Totti get's all the media attention and he has not performed well on the world stage.

In Swindon, one of the key towns of the Industrial Revolution and pretty close to the Stonehenge and Avebury Neolithic sites. Apart from that (and maybe the company I work for) it is a real dump.

And to keep this vaguely on topic the local football team < RJ.

672036[/snapback]

I visited Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury- so I probably was near your town. Next time, cheers mate!

ahem

INNNNNN-GERRRR-LAND INGERLAND INGERLAAAAAAND

Beckham, Rooney, Gerrard, Owen, Terry, Lampard and co will have your guts for garters. The lot of ya...

COME ON ENGLAND! 50 days to go!!

665947[/snapback]

Beckham?? isnt he about 42?

I am currently watching the Man U- Chelsea match on FSC and Wanye Rooney just got carte off on a stretcher. He was tackled from the side and his ankle got caught underneath the defender. He stayed down and was rolling around in pain. It may be a slight sprain but he looked in pain. If he is injured too bad, that aint good for Englands chances in the World Cup. Chelsea is up 3- nil also. They are going to repeat as Premiership Champs again.

I am currently watching the Man U- Chelsea match on FSC and Wanye Rooney just got carte off on a stretcher.  He was tackled from the side and his ankle got caught underneath the defender.  He stayed down and was rolling around in pain.  It may be a slight sprain but he looked in pain.  If he is injured too bad, that aint good for Englands chances in the World Cup.  Chelsea is up 3- nil also.  They are going to repeat as Premiership Champs again.

673930[/snapback]

AAAAARGH.

Broken foot. Will miss some (or all) of the finals. England are probably stuffed now, and the tournament will be poorer without him. ;)

Obviously the gods of football hate England. (We were missing/carrying a lot of injured players the last World Cup, and Rooney had his foot broken during the last European Cup finals (which left England in a real pickle and subsequently exited the tournament sharpish)).

Swindon...I spent time there. I have family there.

Rooney is out. By bye England hopes.

US number 4? They got stomped by Germany 5-1. US team has no class. Tactically, they play well, but no real class players IMHO. With a bit of luck, they'll make it out of the group stages, but it will be over in a hurry for them.

Swindon...I spent time there. I have family there.

Rooney is out. By bye England hopes.

US number 4? They got stomped by Germany 5-1. US team has no class. Tactically, they play well, but no real class players IMHO. With a bit of luck, they'll make it out of the group stages, but it will be over in a hurry for them.

680409[/snapback]

I've had a bad year sports wise.

Bills.. no playoffs.

Habs... possible utter collapse after having a 2 game lead in the playoffs.

Expos... well they were gone for a while now.

Roma... well they probably will end up finishing 5th and the only way the club does well is if we get that much needed champions league revenue.

All i got is Italy left. If they get embarrased again like they did in 2002 and 2004, i'm seriously gonna go nuts :doh:

I've had a bad year sports wise. 

Bills.. no playoffs.

Habs... possible utter collapse after having a 2 game lead in the playoffs.

Expos... well they were gone for a while now.

Roma... well they probably will end up finishing 5th and the only way the club does well is if we get that much needed champions league revenue.

All i got is Italy left.  If they get embarrased again like they did in 2002 and 2004, i'm seriously gonna go nuts :doh:

680420[/snapback]

What happened in 2004? Euro Cup?

What happened in 2004? Euro Cup?

680423[/snapback]

in 2004 we did not lose a game, but we tied 2 out of 3. Because of that, we did not pass our group. The last game of the group, it was Sweden Denmark and Italy vs Bulgaria i believe. We had to win, and we were in as long as there was NOT a 2-2 result between Swe-Den. If the 2-2 happened, both Sweden - Denmark pass the group. So Italy won but Swe-Den tied 2-2 and we were sent home.

A lot of Italians complained about the fix but i seriously thought it was disgraceful that a squad loaded with talent had trouble winning 2 out of 3 games in a weak group.

in 2004 we  did not lose a game, but we tied 2 out of 3.  Because of that, we did not pass our group.  The last game of the group, it was Sweden Denmark and Italy vs Bulgaria i believe.  We had to win, and we were in as long as there was NOT a 2-2 result between Swe-Den.  If the 2-2 happened, both Sweden - Denmark pass the group.  So Italy won but Swe-Den tied 2-2 and we were sent home.

A lot of Italians complained about the fix but i seriously thought it was disgraceful that a squad loaded with talent had trouble winning 2 out of 3 games in a weak group.

680432[/snapback]

Geesh, that does kinda suck. I guess I didn't even think about how ties would play into all of this. How does that work when there is a tie in WC play? Do they have a sudden death OT period and then a shootout??

Geesh, that does kinda suck.  I guess I didn't even think about how ties would play into all of this. How does that work when there is a tie in WC play? Do they have a sudden death OT period and then a shootout??

680443[/snapback]

In the group stage, a tie counts as a point and a win as 3 points.

After, in the playoff stages, they have Silver Goal which is an extra 2 quarters at 15 minutes each, and then a shootout.

I hate shootouts because Italy has been burned by them.

In 1990, the world cup was in Italy and Diego Maradona scored the winning shootout goal in the stadium that he plays for (Napoli).

In 1994, Brazil beat Italy in the final in a WC shootout where the famous kick that Roberto Baggio took where he sailed it over the net,(although he was injured and shouldn't have even took the kick).

In 1998 we lost to France in the semi-finals.

In the group stage, a tie counts as a point and a win as 3 points. 

After, in the playoff stages, they have Silver Goal which is an extra 2 quarters at 15 minutes each, and then a shootout. 

I hate shootouts because Italy has been burned by them. 

In 1990, the world cup was in Italy and Diego Maradona scored the winning shootout goal in the stadium that he plays for (Napoli).

In 1994, Brazil beat Italy in the final in a WC shootout where the famous kick that Roberto Baggio took where he sailed it over the net,(although he was injured and shouldn't have even took the kick).

In 1998 we lost to France in the semi-finals.

680459[/snapback]

Diego Maradona was a sick player.....I remember watching him that year. Little guy, but wow did he have skills.

I just saw a commercial for the WC a few days ago and they said that ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 are going to carry EVERY game of the WC.....I cannot fuggin wait!!

Diego Maradona was a sick player.....I remember watching him that year. Little guy, but wow did he have skills.

I just saw a commercial for the WC a few days ago and they said that ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 are going to carry EVERY game of the WC.....I cannot fuggin wait!!

680467[/snapback]

Nice, i guess the sport is starting to become even more popular in the US. I just despise the commentators especially the ones on ESPN 2.

Nice, i guess the sport is starting to become even more popular in the US.  I just despise the commentators especially the ones on ESPN 2.

680475[/snapback]

Yeah, I think the state of soccer in the US is that it's now 'popular ENOUGH', you know what I mean? And I'm perfectly fine with that..... The fact is that there is a very solid base of soccer fans in this country, but it's just not anywhere near the same scale as that of the Big 4. It's more of a niche than it is mainstream, but as long as it's enough to get some coverage then I'm cool with it. I can always rely on the rest of the world to keep the game I love available to me :doh:

I'm just going to have to figure out to make sure I see the live matches when they happen, since Germany is like 6 or 7 time zones ahead of the Eastern US. Hopefully there will be some good matches on around 8am my time since that's about when I get home from work.

Yeah, I think the state of soccer in the US is that it's now 'popular ENOUGH', you know what I mean? And I'm perfectly fine with that.....  The fact is that there is a very solid base of soccer fans in this country, but it's just not anywhere near the same scale as that of the Big 4. It's more of a niche than it is mainstream, but as long as it's enough to get some coverage then I'm cool with it. I can always rely on the rest of the world to keep the game I love available to me :doh: 

I'm just going to have to figure out to make sure I see the live matches when they happen, since Germany is like 6 or 7 time zones ahead of the Eastern US. Hopefully there will be some good matches on around 8am my time since that's about when I get home from work.

680485[/snapback]

Germany is 6 hours ahead. Means most of the games will be on in the afternoon Eastern time. I'm currently looking for a new job so i will probably have the free time to watch most of the games.

Germany is 6 hours ahead.  Means most of the games will be on in the afternoon Eastern time.  I'm currently looking for a new job so i will probably have the free time to watch most of the games.

680507[/snapback]

Oh okay, so most of the games are at night in Germany? I was hoping some of them had like 2p start times (German time).

What is the job market like up there? And what part of Canada are you in?