So who thinks that Italy paid a ransom?

In my opinion there is no way that the Islamo fascist scumbags just let these two women go. There must have been some type of payoff or appeasement that was arranged to secure thier release.

My question is, who amoung us think that the Italians gave in here?

In my opinion there is no way that the Islamo fascist scumbags just let these two women go. There must have been some type of payoff or appeasement that was arranged to secure thier release.

My question is, who amoung us think that the Italians gave in here?

49170[/snapback]

Some Italian politicians do, for a start:

$1 million?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Berlusconi is a very corrupt politician. They paid, no doubt.

OHH, WAIT. He's a staunch ally on the War on Terror AND in Iraq!!! MY bad! :wub::huh:;)

I bet their families don't care. They are just happy to see them back.

Just like Terry Anderson's family was happy to see him.

Tony Blair is under intense pressure right now because of Bigley.

It is a very difficult choice to make. It is very easy for those of us who do not have families over there to criticize.

I bet their families don't care.  They are just happy to see them back.

Just like Terry Anderson's family was happy to see him.

Tony Blair is under intense pressure right now because of Bigley.

It is a very difficult choice to make.  It is very easy for those of us who do not have families over there to criticize.

49261[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. I'm willing to bet that there isn't one person on this board that wouldn't pay a ransom to get their loved one back. Not a one. Do you think Bush would pay a ransom to get one of his own daughters back? Of course he would. As would Blair. They'd have a lot of hypocritical 'splaining to do if they did tho' (or should I say "if they got 'caught' paying up?"). Bottom line, is that anyone would give in if they were directly affected. No doubt about it.

You're absolutely right.  I'm willing to bet that there isn't one person on this board that wouldn't pay a ransom to get their loved one back.  Not a one.  Do you think Bush would pay a ransom to get one of his own daughters back?  Of course he would.  As would Blair.  They'd have a lot of hypocritical 'splaining to do if they did tho' (or should I say "if they got 'caught' paying up?"). Bottom line, is that anyone would give in if they were directly affected.  No doubt about it.

49296[/snapback]

I'd pay a ransom to get Bush's daughters too!

Highly probable, but like everything else in this war, the inconvenient facts get hidden.

Problem is that whatever money's paid to these f%^ks simply finances 100 more kidnappings.

I heard on the radio they were released on condition that 15 Iraqis (civilians, they say) who need serious surgery will be taken to Italy to have it done. There probably was some green involved too.