bills moving to canada?

Nope, obviously i am jealous of your ability to pick up 13 year old girls thru pedospace, errr, myspace...

664846[/snapback]

well since i never picked up a girl on myspace, then i guess i was right and you are jealous of me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is the US does the same thing. I worked for the Greenhouse Growers Marketing board a few years ago and I remember the US making up issues with our product just to close it from the border until it could be disproved. There are trade barriers with lumber that are happening as we speak. I guess turn about is fair play - but you don't want to mention any of that.

As far as my life being dictated to by my government thats an even bigger joke. At least we vote for our government and don't get 30% or less turn outs for our elections. At least our leader can speak with out screwing up and saying something stupid. But hey you know whats best because it is obvious you have some very wise observations.

As I said I have no problem with the US - just the whinners who think the world owes the good old US - well guess what we don't.

Having said that I spend a great deal of money in US on vacations and what not. For the most part Americans are intelligent, nice people who I am proud to be around. The same thing can be said about Canadians as well.

KH

I have lurked here for a few months, but this thread made me want to post:

1) The Bills will never relocated to Toronto.  As pointed out by others here Toronto has difficulty supporting the Argos and the Blue Jays with the Raptors not far behind.  The only team that does well is the Leafs.

2) I attend one Bills game a year and I think for the most part the atmosphere in Orchard Park is fantastic.  I can't see that being replicated in Toronto.

3) I find the attacks on Canada as a country childish and inappropriate.  If you look at the track record we have supported our friends to the south and vice versa for a long time.  Canada has a population 1 tenth the size of the US...despite our geographic size we are a small country with limited resources.

Lets talk football instead of taking pot shots at each other.

KH

664595[/snapback]

I find taking pot shots at the people who attack canada as childish!

The fact is the US does the same thing.  I worked for the Greenhouse Growers Marketing board a few years ago and I remember the US making up issues with our product just to close it from the border until it could be disproved.  There are trade barriers with lumber that are happening as we speak.  I guess turn about is fair play - but you don't want to mention any of that. 

As far as my life being dictated to by my government thats an even bigger joke.  At least we vote for our government and don't get 30% or less turn outs for our elections.  At least our leader can speak with out screwing up and saying something stupid.  But hey you know whats best because it is obvious you have some very wise observations.

As I said I have no problem with the US - just the whinners who think the world owes the good old US - well guess what we don't. 

Having said that I spend a great deal of money in US on vacations and what not.  For the most part Americans are intelligent, nice people who I am proud to be around. The same thing can be said about Canadians as well.

KH

664887[/snapback]

For the most part I have a great time hanging out with the canadian fans at the games, I just find you very annoying. For someone who apparently has a very tough time with spelling and grammar you don't hold back with the criticism of our President and his grammar. Is a "whinner" a good thing or a bad thing? Are you trying to say winner or whiner? I'll assume winner.

The fact is the US does the same thing.  I worked for the Greenhouse Growers Marketing board a few years ago and I remember the US making up issues with our product just to close it from the border until it could be disproved.  There are trade barriers with lumber that are happening as we speak.  I guess turn about is fair play - but you don't want to mention any of that. 

As far as my life being dictated to by my government thats an even bigger joke.  At least we vote for our government and don't get 30% or less turn outs for our elections.  At least our leader can speak with out screwing up and saying something stupid.  But hey you know whats best because it is obvious you have some very wise observations.

Taving said that I spend a great deal of money in US on vacations and what not.  For the most part Americans are intelligent, nice people who I am proud to be around. The same thing can be said about Canadians as well.

KH

664887[/snapback]

You made a retort about trade. Partly. Nothing about heavy industry. And what about the rest of my comments? That Canada discriminates against American workers - True? Untrue?

I know about the wood. So does the World Trade Organization - which upheld the dumping claim. Check it out.

I have no animosity toward Canadian individuals - as long as they refrain from calling me a monster, blaming us for the world's ills (but we were good enough to suffer 1 and a half million dead and countless more wounded to fight the Japs and the Krauts. Back then, Canada fought for freedom, too. What a change.) .

You as a nation have turned your back on your British heritage - New Zealand and Australia go around the globe to fight for people's freedom, bur Canada prefers to look in a mirror and pet it's pretty head.

The world is radically changed the last few years. Canada should shoulder their share of responsibility. Spending some $ to upgrade the military would be a good start. The Navy is a credible force, but the other two branches are a joke.

Paul Godfrey now President of Blue Jays, headed a group years ago to get a baseball franchise in Toronto, a consortium of very rich men Canada's richest behind it, Howard Webster, Ken Thompson, amongst them

Ken Thompson

Many of the same men and now also with Paul Godfrey as spokeman have been seeking a team or new franchise for a number of years, its not a question of if , its a question of when, these people of the worlds richest

You as a nation have turned your back on your British heritage - New Zealand and Australia go around the globe to fight for people's freedom, bur Canada prefers to look in a mirror and pet it's pretty head.

The world is radically changed the last few years. Canada should shoulder their share of responsibility. Spending some $ to upgrade the military would be a good start. The Navy is a credible force, but the other two branches are a joke.

664909[/snapback]

Who's military is in Afganistan cleaning up the mess the US government left there? Last time i checked Canada was there cleaning up for you.

Who's military is in Afganistan cleaning up the mess the US government left there? Last time i checked Canada was there cleaning up for you.

665002[/snapback]

Actually Canada has approximately 2300 troops in Afghanistan, the US has about 16- 19,000.

That being said the attacks back and forth here by both Canadian and US posters is ridiculous. If this was a topic on PPP then I could understand some heated discussion on the morals and merits of each others countries, but this WAS a thread about could the Bills make a move to Canada. This thread is sinking fast.