If our choice at #8 is

7 Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland Jr, 6-3, 250

8 Michael Huff, S, Texas Sr, 6-1, 205

9 Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon Jr, 6-5, 338

10 Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt Sr, 6-4, 225

11 Winston Justice, OT, USC Jr, 6-6, 300

12 Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St. Sr, 6-3, 308

13 Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech Sr, 6-3, 205

or even a trade down for more picks, that's a wonderful decision to have to make. Any of these players are going to help this football team for different reasons. It's fun to project how each would play out, and I while I would love to be in the Bills War Room, I wouldn't want to make the decision--but I still think my Dad was right. The Harder a Decision Is...the Less It Matters.

...the Less It Matters.

If our choice at #8 is

7 Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland Jr, 6-3, 250

8  Michael Huff, S, Texas Sr, 6-1, 205

9  Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon Jr, 6-5, 338

10  Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt Sr, 6-4, 225

11  Winston Justice, OT, USC Jr, 6-6, 300

12  Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St. Sr, 6-3, 308

13  Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech Sr, 6-3, 205

or even a trade down for more picks, that's a wonderful decision to have to make. Any of these players are going to help this football team for different reasons. It's fun to project how each would play out, and I while I would love to be in the Bills War Room, I wouldn't want to make the decision--but I still think my Dad was right. The Harder a Decision Is...the Less It Matters.

663079[/snapback]

Well, in this case, the decision is which one of seven oustanding players do I take ... I would agree.

However, if the decison involves something truely important, like going to war or voting on key legislation, I would say that Daddy oversimplified things a bit.

I think that one part of the draft day equation that nobody's talking about is, what happening with Nate Clements?

He still hasn't signed his contract, and may be gone. So I wouldn't be shocked to see us pick a CB in round one. Or, have a draft day trade of Nate for another late first or early 2nd round pick.

I think that one part of the draft day equation that nobody's talking about is, what happening with Nate Clements?

He still hasn't signed his contract, and may be gone.  So I wouldn't be shocked to see us pick a CB in round one.  Or, have a draft day trade of Nate for another late first or early 2nd round pick.

663247[/snapback]

A Nate trade would almost certainly have to take place before the draft as a sign and trade. To do otherwise would cause the Bills to lose their Franchise Tag for the duration of Clement's contract.

A Nate trade would almost certainly have to take place before the draft as a sign and trade.  To do otherwise would cause the Bills to lose their Franchise Tag for the duration of Clement's contract. 

663259[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but i believe the new CBA did away with that march 15th to july 15th where no franchise player could be signed w/out losing the tag.

I believe now you are free to sign them at any time.