Marv on with Sean Salisbury and John Clayton

JoeF

I have a thought about this quote by Marv and the fact that there aren't that many big money free agent linemen left. Is it possible, that the Bills and Texans somehow have discussed a first round trade and the Bills moving up and taking D'Brick? The Bills will need quite a bit of cap space to sign a #1 overall pick and the fact that Moulds went to the Texans for a 5th inclines me to think that maybe there might be more to that trade than what's on paper. Is it possible that there is some sort of "gentlemen's agreement" here? Just a thought. For some reason, I think that Marv and the Houston GM, can't think of his name off hand, have some background together but I'm not positive.

657590[/snapback]

If they bills wanted to trade up to get Brick, they would not have to waste picks to trade up that far. The #1 is Bush, no matter who is there. If Buffalo did this, all they are doing is wasting picks. Also they would have to get some kind of Compensation from NO for turning their pick from Silver to a Goldmine.

Now as for TD improving the team 1000%, I guess you could say he did alright, He almost doubled our win total from his first year in the last one (if you ignore the seasons in between)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think he is moving pretty deliberately. I'm concerned about not having moved aggressively in free agency, but I suspect ML has his own agenda of finding quality players at reasonable cost and having cap dollars for draft picks and late acquisitions. Tough job.

If they bills wanted to trade up to get Brick, they would not have to waste picks to trade up that far. The #1 is Bush, no matter who is there. If Buffalo did this, all they are doing is wasting picks. Also they would have to get some kind of Compensation from NO for turning their pick from Silver to a Goldmine.

Now as for TD improving the team 1000%, I guess you could say he did alright, He almost doubled our win total from his first year in the last one (if you ignore the seasons in between)

657637[/snapback]

Good points. It was just a thought. I believe somehow that the Bills will make a deal on Day 1 of the draft but it might not be for #1 overall but it wouldn't surprise me to see them try and get up to get D'Brick.

Good points. It was just a thought. I believe somehow that the Bills will make a deal on Day 1 of the draft but it might not be for #1 overall but it wouldn't surprise me to see them try and get up to get D'Brick.

657660[/snapback]

never happen while Marv is in charge

cost in terms of guaranteed money demanded from the higher slot and draft picks to move up is too high