Hindsight I know

Thailog80

That guy is a playmaker..........I wish he had a Buffalo on his helmet rather than a star........ :rolleyes:

48023[/snapback]

that hit he put on Coles early.....wow. Laverneous was glassy eyed all night.

That's the kind of safety you want back there. One that sends a message early.

You can pretty much credit Roy Williams for saving the Cowboys butt at the end of the game. If Gardner makes that catch without Roy stopping him dead with that great hit, then Gardner would have easily gotten out of bounds.

Hell of a player...I would love to have either him OR Freeney from that draft.

I remenber that phrase from his promotional video. Definitely funny (and obviously true).

48083[/snapback]

Yeah I posted a link to the site that had that on that draft week or something. I LOVED RW. Oh well, TD knows better right? :rolleyes:

We had more of a need for an OT than we did for a safety. Even in hindsight, Safety has not been the problem with this team (with the possible exception of backup Coy Wire in coverage during these first two games). Mike Williams was a pick that nearly everybody and their grandmother was happy with at the time - he was considered by most to be a can't miss prospect. Roy Williams would have been a luxury pick along the lines of Willis McGahee and TD would have been ripped for not fortifying the O-Line. We would have heard "TD and his ego would not allow him to take a lineman so high" or some similar BS that typically spews from the mouths of the Buffalo faithful who think they "are in the know".

Whatever.

We had more of a need for an OT than we did for a safety.  Even in hindsight, Safety has not been the problem with this team (with the possible exception of backup Coy Wire in coverage during these first two games).  Mike Williams was a pick that nearly everybody and their grandmother was happy with at the time - he was considered by most to be a can't miss prospect.  Roy Williams would have been a luxury pick along the lines of Willis McGahee and TD would have been ripped for not fortifying the O-Line.  We would have heard "TD and his ego would not allow him to take a lineman so high" or some similar BS that typically spews from the mouths of the Buffalo faithful who think they "are in the know".

Whatever.

48115[/snapback]

Whatever? Roy williams will head to his 2nd probowl in 3 years this year. Mike Williams?????

Whatever?  Roy williams will head to his 2nd probowl in 3 years this year. Mike Williams?????

48125[/snapback]

Not 'whatever - he's not a great player', 'whatever - we had other needs and were not in position to take a safety at #4'. Last time I checked, the defense was not the problem on this team, even without a stud SS like Roy Williams. Pro Bowls are impressive, but not that impressive - after all, Ruben Brown went to 8 or 9 of them.