Ouch ! - A Less Than Flattering Culpepper Article

Mark VI

When Culpepper said "I'm hoping to be ready by the end of preseason" AFTER he was traded to the Dolphins...you could hear the entire Dolfelon fan base slap their foreheads.

The fact that Miami is currently whoring themselves out to find another QB should tell you how they feel about Culpepper's recovery process so far.

One of the things sorely lacking in Miami has been player leadership, and ifi they think they're going to get it from Daunte Culpepper, they're crazy. Leadership comes in many forms, and I think the writer really nails it on the head with this statement:

This brings me to the issue of Culpepper's leadership. He just hasn't shown much lately. Aside from doing one exclusive interview with ESPN, he's refused to face tough questions about this offseason from any other media outlets. And don't even get me started on how he looked during the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon! He looked like a child sitting up there next to Jerry Lewis. And we all know that nothing is more telling than how you look on a telethon.

Dantes facing some issues, big issues. I live in South Florida and I have to listen to the Dolfan dribble year round (lucky me). Anyway these are beyond fareweather fans they physically make me ill.

I was at the game when Buffalo choked and you could not believe the booing, the you suck and everything else, and this was before halftime. My point is Dante tore the big three and he will not be the same player ever again.

When Willis did it he was 21 and in the best shape of his life, alot different than a 29 year old QB who has been playing on astroturf. Sorry but the threat of Dante doesnt scare me. He first has to recover than trust the knee, let alone play full speed. Im not saying he cant sling it but as far as the dual threat goes, stick a fork in him.

Al Davis, who is desperate for a QB , didn't even want him at that price .

That speaks volumes.

653274[/snapback]

Al Davis....one of the greatest talent evaluators of our era.....

Al Davis....one of the greatest talent evaluators of our era.....

653365[/snapback]

Dante "Crutches" Culpepper.

Cleo Lemon.

Brock Berlin.

And the possibility of trading one of your few remaining draft picks for Joey Blue Skies.

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about Losman/Holcomb/Nall....

:lol:

Dante "Crutches" Culpepper.

Cleo Lemon.

Brock Berlin.

And the possibility of trading one of your few remaining draft picks for Joey Blue Skies.

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about Losman/Holcomb/Nall....

:lol:

653549[/snapback]

I think Cleo Lemon could be the guy going into the opener.

Al Davis may not be a great talent evaluator, but he likes his big name players who will put the @sses in the seats and $$$$ in his pocekets, and Dante would have done that.

He also doesn' mind overpaying for malcontents as long as on paper he looks like a contendor.

Yet he still did not make a big offer for DC.

According to an e-mail list of insider news from Sal Palantonio (sp?), the Dolphins' staff is "split" on the health of Culpepper's knee. But considering he had surgery in November last year and that it takes AT LEAST one fill year to recover, and that's best-case scenario, there's NO WAY he's ready before the start of the season. And without a full training camp, he'll be useless. I mean just look at his performance BEFORE getting injured last year, as the article points out.

They were or are close to signing Harrington at the end of last week..  This might speak volumes as to "where" Dante really stands.

654057[/snapback]

Some more grist for the mill...

Lions' asking price may scare Harrington suitors

Bengals notebook 04/06/06

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

"The Bengals and Dolphins are vying for two of the diminishing number of veteran quarterbacks remaining on the market.

The Bengals remain in the chase for Lions quarterback Joey Harrington. Citing an unnamed source, the Palm Beach Post reported Wednesday that the Bengals have offered Harrington a one-year contract but now are balking at the Lions' trade demand. Once believed to be a deep second-day pick, the Lions' asking price has upped to a third- or fourth-round pick.

The Dolphins reportedly have a two-year deal in place with Harrington but also are refusing to trade a higher pick to Detroit.

At the same time, former Rams backup Jamie Martin has entered the picture for the Dolphins. Once almost destined to join the Bengals, a team he visited in March as a free agent, Martin now has attracted Miami's attention.

"He might be Miami's Plan B," agent Tom Mills said of Martin. "Miami might want to back away from Detroit."

Mills did not speak Wednesday with Bengals vice president Troy Blackburn but expects to talk with him again today.

The Bengals have two healthy quarterbacks - Craig Krenzel and Doug Johnson - under contract. Starter Carson Palmer continues to rehab a surgically repaired left knee, and though he is progressing well, he might not be ready to open the season in September."