Maryland Terrapins

Anyone watch the women's NCAA b-ball final last night? If you didn't you missed an unbelievable game.

I actually attended the game last night and it was incredible how Maryland came from behind to win it all. I was thrilled Maryland knocked off Duke.

Made me think of our consistent, underdog, Buffalo Bills.

We gotta win the big one and soon.

BTW: Boston Bills fans: the Harp has all new plasma tv's....

Anyone watch the women's NCAA b-ball final last night?  If you didn't you missed an unbelievable game.

I actually attended the game last night and it was incredible how Maryland came from behind to win it all.  I was thrilled Maryland knocked off Duke.

Made me think of our consistent, underdog, Buffalo Bills. 

We gotta win the big one and soon.

BTW: Boston Bills fans: the Harp has all new plasma tv's....

652987[/snapback]

Uhhh, I caught the final thirty seconds and it was 30 seconds I will never get back.

Cant get into the ladies tourny its like watching grass grow.

Any Duke rape chants? :rolleyes:

652999[/snapback]

nah, it was a great crowd... mostly Maryland fans.

I'm not into B-ball - but I do enjoy March Madness... usually watch the Men but got free tickets for the women - and decided to go. Glad I did.

When I ever I see the outcome of a championship game; no matter what sport - it hurts a bit inside - only cause I want to experience a WIN with my Bills and Sabres.

One of these days...

That's cruel. 

Those poor, misunderstood lacrosse players.

653019[/snapback]

They might be gaining some understanding soon. I heard some guy on one of the endless news channels say that the injuries suffered were very characteristic of rough stuff. :rolleyes:

Those poor, misunderstood lacrosse players.

Lets see what the DNA shows. The individuals responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, there were not 47 rapes and the rest of the team does not deserve to be vilified.

Lets see what the DNA shows.  The individuals responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  However, there were not 47 rapes and the rest of the team does not deserve to be vilified.

653155[/snapback]

Sure they do, if they had an inkling of what was going on. There are some things you can turn your back on; knowing a rape is taking place and doing nothing about it -- and then using the "code of silence among brothers" tactic afterwards -- is not one of them.

I honestly hope they're not guilty, but if they are, then it gives me one more reason to say !@#$ dook.

Sure they do, if they had an inkling of what was going on. There are some things you can turn your back on; knowing a rape is taking place and doing nothing about it -- and then using the "code of silence among brothers" tactic afterwards -- is not one of them.

Thats a mighty big assumption you are making...that all 47 players knew what was going on as it was happening. If a rape took place, perhaps none of the 47 (save the rapists) knew it was happening when it happened. Some may have heard hearsay or gossip afterwards, some MAY have known that it was happening. She claimed that she was raped in a bathroom by 3 guys, not in an open gang bang. They may not have even been lacrosse players, just people who came over for the party. So to say that all 47 kids knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it is a tad overzealous.

I honestly hope they're not guilty, but if they are, then it gives me one more reason to say !@#$ dook.

So now if 3 kids from the lacrosse team raped someone, we should villify the entire University? Gotcha.

Thats a mighty big assumption you are making...that all 47 players knew what was going on as it was happening.  <snip>    So to say that all 47 kids knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it is a tad overzealous.

653266[/snapback]

Please re-read my post. There's a tiny word you apparently overlooked. That word is "if."