Don't be so down about the 5th for Moulds

ans4e64

i know a lot of people are upset that we only got a 5th for moulds, but look at it this way. We could have gotten nothing and now we have a chance to get a quality player, i know that these are the following good 5th round picks and there are bad ones also, but we might get lucky.

2005:

-DE Trent Cole (gave a great pass rush)

-S Gerald Sensabaugh (starting S)

-LB Michael Boley

2004:

-S Gibril Wilson (another starting S)

-DT Chad Lavalais

-S Erik Coleman (another starting S)

2003:

-S Terrence Holt

-DE Robert Mathis

-WR Justin Gage

-DT Kindal Moorehead

-OT Jordan Black

-OC Dan Koppen

-WR Doug Gabriel

there are others, but like i said we might luck out, we might not. I think the only negative thing you can take from this is that the 5th rounder probably wont make an impact immediately. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

i know a lot of people are upset that we only got a 5th for moulds, but look at it this way. We could have gotten nothing and now we have a chance to get a quality player, i know that these are the following good 5th round picks and there are bad ones also, but we might get lucky.

2005:

-LB Michael Boley

2004:

-DT Chad Lavalais

2003:

-S Terrence Holt

-DE Robert Mathis

-WR Justin Gage

-DT Kindal Moorehead

-OT Jordan Black

-OC Dan Koppen

-WR Doug Gabriel

there are others, but like i said we might luck out, we might not. I think the only negative thing you can take from this is that the 5th rounder probably wont make an impact immediately. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

652252[/snapback]

I agree. I think it's ridiculous to assume we can't get a quality player in the later rounds.

Gee, your list sure cheered me up...

Bone-headed trade. We should not have been in a hurry to close a bad deal. Everyone here saying WE HAVE TO TAKE THE DEAL know nothing about making a deal. As soon as Marv stops returning phone calls Moulds' value goes up. If it is indeed a 5th, Marv got worked plain and simple. More then likely a 5th gets someone on the practice squad for a 1 year career.

Ye, I am bitter...

:)

Everyone here saying WE HAVE TO TAKE THE DEAL know nothing about making a deal.  As soon as Marv stops returning phone calls Moulds' value goes up.

652258[/snapback]

no, you are wrong because this is a different situation. It's not as if moulds will play for us and we just want to see what we can get. We need to get rid of him, he doesnt want to be here, and if we sit with him he will be a cancer to our team allllll yeaaaaar loooooong. We cant afford to not return phone calls, because his vaule will go down. The texans and everyone else in the league know we have to cut him, the only reason they are willing to make a trade is because they dont want the competition in free agency, hence the low round pick. it is the texans or any other team that has the advantage here not us, they dont need moulds, its not a life or death situation. They do not care if we dont return phone calls, they will just move on.

no, you are wrong because this is a different situation. It's not as if moulds will play for us and we just want to see what we can get. We need to get rid of him, he doesnt want to be here, and if we sit with him he will be a cancer to our team allllll yeaaaaar loooooong. We cant afford to not return phone calls, because his vaule will go down. The texans and everyone else in the league know we have to cut him, the only reason they are willing to make a trade is because they dont want the competition in free agency, hence the low round pick. it is the texans or any other team that has the advantage here not us, they dont need moulds, its not a life or death situation. They do not care if we dont return phone calls, they will just move on.

652261[/snapback]

No, you are wrong.

Moulds would not have shown up at mini camp or any other team activity. He would dangle in the wind until Buffalo cuts him before the season starts - assuming he does not renegotiate. While the whole world knew (thanks Marv) that Buffalo would not carry his current salary, that does not mean that Buffalo couldn't take their own sweet time in addressing his fate.

Gee, your list sure cheered me up...

Bone-headed trade.  We should not have been in a hurry to close a bad deal.  Everyone here saying WE HAVE TO TAKE THE DEAL know nothing about making a deal.  As soon as Marv stops returning phone calls Moulds' value goes up.  If it is indeed a 5th, Marv got worked plain and simple.  More then likely a 5th gets someone on the practice squad for a 1 year career.

Ye, I am bitter...

:)

652258[/snapback]

Finally a knowledge Bills fan.

No, you are wrong. 

Moulds would not have shown up at mini camp or any other team activity.  He would dangle in the wind until Buffalo cuts him before the season starts - assuming he does not renegotiate.  While the whole world knew (thanks Marv) that Buffalo would not carry his current salary, that does not mean that Buffalo couldn't take their own sweet time in addressing his fate.

652277[/snapback]

you are not making any sense. you say that the bills can take their time with moulds, but will cut him before the season starts...... :)

you end up proving my point that the bills have no leverage because moulds will sit out and not participate, and we will end up cutting him.

2005:

-LB Michael Boley

2004:

-DT Chad Lavalais

2003:

-S Terrence Holt

-DE Robert Mathis

-WR Justin Gage

-DT Kindal Moorehead

-OT Jordan Black

-OC Dan Koppen

-WR Doug Gabriel

652252[/snapback]

aside from the fact that the bills have never drafted a difference maker in the fifth round going back to 1967 (the oft-injured john holocek was the closest it got), i agree with you.

Can somebody point me to the new source that indicates that it's a 5th for moulds? I see nothing out there. Or in here.

And a 5th isn't bad when you consider that:

1. we had no leverage.

2. time was not on our side, magnifiying point 1.

we now have two thirds, two fifths, and two sevenths. More than most teams. Hopefully they'll use those picks to move around to get the guys they want. What else can we fans do but watch and listen? Nada.

At least we won't have to hear Moulds say "...but at the same time..." in every sentence.

Can somebody point me to the new source that indicates that it's a 5th for moulds? I see nothing out there. Or in here.

And a 5th isn't bad when you consider that:

1. we had no leverage.

2. time was not on our side, magnifiying point 1.

we now have two thirds, two fifths, and two sevenths. More than most teams. Hopefully they'll use those picks to move around to get the guys they want. What else can we fans do but watch and listen? Nada.

At least we won't have to hear Moulds say "...but at the same time..." in every sentence.

652410[/snapback]

i think i read somewhere (no link) that it's a fifth. i'm not faulting the bills - it's the best they could do given that moulds held all the cards and they had only one taker. but it still sucks. moulds will catch 85 balls next year, you watch.