Marv Levy finally loses it...

Marv Levy knows a lot about other stuff besides football. Each week, Levy will touch on a non-football topic as part of his column/

Today I will discuss an item of great unimportance. About 10 years or so ago, I saw a young fellow wearing his baseball cap with the brim facing backward. I chuckled. Now there, I thought, is a person with a sense of humor. What a clever, original and harmless little bit of stagecraft. It's like he's saying, "Look at me! Ain't I funny?" It was so cute that others soon adopted the gambit. Then people who never had an original thought in their lives said, "Duh, me too!" and copied. Today, whenever I see one of those backward hats walk into the room, I no longer chuckle. Instead, I just roll my eyes, and then I deduct 15 points off of the guy's IQ score.

:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Marv Levy knows a lot about other stuff besides football. Each week' date=' Levy will touch on a non-football topic as part of his column/

Today I will discuss an item of great unimportance. About 10 years or so ago, I saw a young fellow wearing his baseball cap with the brim facing backward. I chuckled. Now there, I thought, is a person with a sense of humor. What a clever, original and harmless little bit of stagecraft. It's like he's saying, "Look at me! Ain't I funny?" It was so cute that others soon adopted the gambit. Then people who never had an original thought in their lives said, "Duh, me too!" and copied. Today, whenever I see one of those backward hats walk into the room, I no longer chuckle. Instead, I just roll my eyes, and then I deduct 15 points off of the guy's IQ score.[right'] 47810 [/snapback][/right]

Marv's starting to sound like Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Guy" character from "Saturday Night Live".

...AND WE LIKED IT!! :lol::rolleyes:

Mike

I agree, I find it especially nauseating when I see a baby boomer with hat reversed, 'diamond' earring in place, and the latest tattoo.  There's a time to stop being 16.

47834[/snapback]

Take a look at the book Sibling Society. It explains a lot of why baby boomer parents just won't grow up.

Agree with Marv whole heartedly. In a boat it makes sense, keeps it from blowing away. Otherwise it is just plain stupid , and that sideways thing .. Please. My nephews and Nieces as well as my son know how much I detest it. Around birthdays and holidays they never wear their hats backwards.

Lord in heaven....it's just a hat.

I'd tell you to go scrub rocks if you told me I couldn't wear my hat backwards.

47926[/snapback]

A while ago someone marketed a hat with no brim. Which basically is what a backwards hat look like from most views. It never became popular.

Odd.

Besides the sideways hat, the upside down visors also gets me laughing.

It's a hat people.

Get over whatever problems you have with it because it's here to stay.

And just why is the DMV still letting people your age drive! Did they not have merge lanes back in your day? Stay off the roads during peak driving hours. Some of us need to get places in a timely manner!

What I think is dumb is the current trend to buy ridicuous caps with huge brims - them keeping that brim as flat as possible while not removing the stickers or labels - THAT knock 200 off a persons IQ when I look at them.

I know this is a really 'street' thing to do. But 'street' is rapidly becoming a psedonym for 'assinine'.

Hey, I always were my hats backwards, I'm sad to hear Marv would think im a bit dumber cause i do :rolleyes:

Nick I have no problems with people keeping the BILL of the cap straight(to each his own) but why keep the sticker on.....Thats what i dont get...

When i see that someone is wearing a cap with the BIG STARTER sticker still on it...I sometimes just wanna walk over and take the sticker off and be like WTF!!!

honestly, the reason i weat caps backwards is because i wear glasses. If i wore the hat front wards, i would have to tilt it up and it would look alot worse. Again, Im only 24, and i agree that once you hit 40, it might be time to lose the cap, or flip it the right way. . .