Anyone else sick of being made fun...

I'm an 18 year old kid in high school. I am relentlessly beaten mentally for wearing my Bledsoe jersey (with Bledsoe taped over and replaced with "parrish, I ain't spending 70 bucks...), my Bills vintage hoodie, the sweatshirt, and so on... Also for wearing my Bills hat every. day. Sure, I somewhat ask for it, living in Pittsburgh and all, but c'mon, it's rough being a Bills fan. Too many horror stories to count, but any that could be shared to make me feel a tid bit better would be appreciated...

Thank god I wasn't coherent during the Super Bowl years...

well I would laugh at you for taping over it lol

but hey...u got to have a sense of humor

I go into the situation like this............well my team hasnt won anything......and they ask me who I root for and then they say dang......they lost all those superbowls and I be like yeah.........I just need them to win one before I die lol

just make it comical.......dont get offended ....its not our faults they are sucking lol

I'm an 18 year old kid in high school.  I am relentlessly beaten mentally for wearing my Bledsoe jersey (with Bledsoe taped over and replaced with "parrish, I ain't spending 70 bucks...), my Bills vintage hoodie, the sweatshirt, and so on... Also for wearing my Bills hat every. day.  Sure, I somewhat ask for it, living in Pittsburgh and all, but c'mon, it's rough being a Bills fan.  Too many horror stories to count, but any that could be shared to make me feel a tid bit better would be appreciated...

648967[/snapback]

You can't be beaten mentally unless you let yourself be beaten. Suck it up, you're a Bills fan!

I'm an 18 year old kid in high school.  I am relentlessly beaten mentally for wearing my Bledsoe jersey (with Bledsoe taped over and replaced with "parrish, I ain't spending 70 bucks...), my Bills vintage hoodie, the sweatshirt, and so on... Also for wearing my Bills hat every. day.  Sure, I somewhat ask for it, living in Pittsburgh and all, but c'mon, it's rough being a Bills fan.  Too many horror stories to count, but any that could be shared to make me feel a tid bit better would be appreciated...

648967[/snapback]

It's worth it. When the Bills eventually do win it all, AND THEY WILL, it will be twice as sweet. Forget everything else about how hard it is you sound like a wussy. Life only gets harder. In 3 years if your biggest complaint is people razzin you about your bills gear, consider yourself a lucky man.

T_R

I kind of take pride in it whenever anyone ribs me about being a Bills fan. Even when we're low, I still love this team and dig the experience of watching them grow.

And just think, when we do get dominant again...the world is going to have loud, obnoxious Bills fans once more, and what a day that shall be.

I kind of take pride in it whenever anyone ribs me about being a Bills fan.  Even when we're low, I still love this team and dig the experience of watching them grow.

And just think, when we do get dominant again...the world is going to have loud, obnoxious Bills fans once more, and what a day that shall be.

648983[/snapback]

yep

and hell I use to say..........hey we got there 4times in a row.....hell the people who win it can't even do that LOL

The worst is that I have been a Bills fan since 1st grade. I am 24 now. I created a myspace account. I had a kid I went to grammar school with post that claymation commercial of the Bills fans on my site. Now it is permanetly there for ever. In case you do not watch ESPN and have not seen it:

It's great having the world laugh at you. One day we will have our revenge.

get it all the time down here in Fort Lauderdale. when people say "hey...Bills fan!" - you dont know how to react. initally you think, "hey this must be a fellow fan that wants to chat", but most of the time its followed by "BUFFALO SUCKS!"

funny thing is i notice this when i approach/notice other bills fans, when i say "hey , you a bills fan?" they always seem to hold back a bit in fear that my next words would be BUFFALO SUCKS.

Now, that's not right! :D

I have to say that prevailing sentiment back in WIS is that Bills fans are smart and loyal. Now, Green Bay fans get mocked every now and then for being "small town," too - but we wear it as a badge of honor just like y'all.

I sympathize with your QB situation - it's been, what, 15 years since GB has played QB roulette, so I don't even want to imagine the frustration.

I read this fine forum every now and then, though, and Packer fans have been wondering how y'all feel about Craig Nall.

I definitely can see how Nall is no savior, esp. when you've invested so much in JPL. But I'll share that Packer fans are either sad or indifferent to see Craig go. He was a great teammate, but obviously never got his chance to shine here. So not really a big loss for us - but a lot of GB fans would be very interested to see what would happen if he ever got a chance to start.

AND - some GB fans are even wondering whether we should be considering JPL. Even assuming Favre is coming back, we only have A. Rodgers as a back-up, so we need at least one more QB to bring into camp.

One more thing...if any of you care to read a fantastic Packers forum, you might try www.PackerRats.com/ratchat. I know that I will reference this site to the GB faithful, especially considering we play each other this season...

Sorry for the shameless promotion. :D

BigCheese is OUT!

I kind of take pride in it whenever anyone ribs me about being a Bills fan.  Even when we're low, I still love this team and dig the experience of watching them grow.

648983[/snapback]

I agree, wear it like a badge of honor. It's easy to be a fan of the flavor of the month.

Also, I have nothing against Pittsburgh, but their fans are by far the most annoying at the bar I go to watch Bills games here in SW Atlanta area. They might think about importing some outsiders to widen the gene pool.

AND - some GB fans are even wondering whether we should be considering JPL.  Even assuming Favre is coming back, we only have A. Rodgers as a back-up, so we need at least one more QB to bring into camp.

649162[/snapback]

They picked up a 3rd year qb - Tom Arth - from the Colts' practice squad last week.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/03/22/1/