New Riders of the Purple Sage

rockpile

Crap, you are old. :D Maybe if you're lucky the warm-up band will be Spyro Gyra.

Can't believe the Lilac Festival still takes place. Does the Italian Festival still come to town? That was one of my favorites.

648243[/snapback]

We used to do a small local festival that I played in called the Tulip festival. I liked women who planted tulips vs lilacs. ;)

NRPS? Wow...didn't know these guys were still alive. I bet it will be fun...and I expect a complete report (see Rico's reviews, Johnny Coli's rants or the summaries by The Dean, if you need a reference).

I named a cat Panama Red in college (it was a red cat...surprise).

As for Spyro Gyra...we used to drive up from the Falls and go to the old Tralf on Main Street (next to the Stuffed Mushroom) to see Spyro Gyra (before they were famous and still had that outrageous piano player) for a $1 cover.

After the show, we'd walk to Slomba's. I remember going to Slomba's dozens of times. I don't recall leaving, however. Bionics and shots...good times.

Do all the mini-rocks know what a wild man Daddy was?

649189[/snapback]

Actually, we talk about a lot of things. I am always honest with them, but sometimes the honest answer is "none of your business"! We can have conversations about sex, or drugs, or religion, or politics, or the proper way to eat an Oreo. :lol:

That "none of your business" works both ways for me and the mini-rocks, by the way, unless it is an issue of safety or health - THEN I can be a bastid. I do think for the most part we respect each other. :)

I cannot think of a topic that has come up that we have not been able to discuss. Living through the craziness of the Woodstock Era (I just caught the tail end) I observed a lot and participated in some of it. I never considered myself a wild man, just an anarchist. :doh: