A Good Example of How Government Works.

Mental Facility Watches Naked Man Leave

1. OK, so the guy is a clown bucking for a freebie.

2. So why didn't they call the police when he disrobed and walked out the door?

"The supervisor said the staff was in the process of getting approval for that call when police found the man."

You need APPROVAL to call the police? Bureaucracy at its finest. Sign me up for government health care, please.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly Darin... Too many "chiefs"... Leaves the "indians" in a situation where they can't "act" or face problems without consulting the chain or face action against themselves.

You should see what we have to jump through (to close the lock) when we get a reverse flow of water polluting back into Lake Michigan... It is purely a governmental "pissing contest" between agencies and your supervisor... It just leaves everybody in a "who cares" mode.

Empowerment starts at the lowest level... In today's day and age... The higher ups gotta feel important... Sunshine must be blown up the arses before YOU the peon can make a decision.

I am not being funny... Even in my non-critical profession (if that is what you want to call it... It isn't rocket science)... You realize how many gov't officials gotta feel important and justify their big bucks they make.

:blink::P

Exactly Darin... Too many "chiefs"... Leaves the "indians" in a situation where they can't "act" or face problems without consulting the chain or face action against themselves.

You should see what we have to jump through (to close the lock) when we get a reverse flow of water polluting back into Lake Michigan... It is purely a governmental "pissing contest" between agencies and your supervisor... It just leaves everybody in a "who cares" mode.

Empowerment starts at the lowest level... In today's day and age... The higher ups gotta feel important... Sunshine must be blown up the arses before YOU the peon can make a decision.

I am not being funny... Even in my non-critical profession (if that is what you want to call it... It isn't rocket science)... You realize how many gov't officials gotta feel important and justify their big bucks they make.

:blink:  :P

646954[/snapback]

Three words:

Senior Executive Service

Three words:

Senior Executive Service

646960[/snapback]

What a joke...

Not quite sure what you mean?... That probably is jammed so far up the stovepipe it isn't funny.

It is just a joke... We just had our "command inspection" yesterday... I am just glad I am home and had to take 2 days annual leave (my wife is at a conference... I couldn't work afternoons so I could stay home with the kids)... I will be back at it on Friday.

Actually here is a good example of what is wrong with government:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=646938

Yeh but did you actually write the leg, I know you guys are good at coming up with ideas, translating it to legaleese has been somewhat problematic, oh that is right, you just ignore the inconsistencies and prepare executive memos stating that law doesn't apply and you are going ahead with the change of plan without consulting anyone, hmmm, now I understand.

What ever happened to just saying what you mean rather then beating a dead horse and hiring a bunch of clerks and lawyers to "word smith" every detail of everything, including how to properly wipe your ass.

What ever happened to just saying what you mean rather then beating a dead horse and hiring a bunch of clerks and lawyers to "word smith" every detail of everything, including how to properly wipe your ass.

646988[/snapback]

I expected it to be turned around this way.

That is not what it meant. The law is the law... You still have to follow it. Being a distinguished member of the military and citizen, you should know that.

You can't just throw the law out the window... Work to change the laws. You gotta work within the parameters of the system.

:blink:

That is not what it meant.  The law is the law... You still have to follow it.  Being a distinguished member of the military and citizen, you should know that.

You can't just throw the law out the window... Work to change the laws.  You gotta work within the parameters of the system.

646997[/snapback]

Chicken and egg, cart before horse. But yeah, that would fix a lot. It would though, take ammo away from agenda-eers. The reality (I'll defer to possum on the half shell for elaboration) is that a lot of times it really isn't that difficult to get legislation that changes certain aspects of certain laws to fit emerging situations. Especially if it really doesn't affect some Congresscritter's interests. Only when as I said, it can be used as ammunition.

646988[/snapback]

Nice one, wasn't going to weigh in on this one until your post. Because some smart $#%@$, such as yourself, will parse the simple words, take them out of context and use them to justify something that it they don't even apply to nor were intended to and a judge will agree the intentions were vague and it can be applied, but you already know that. The specific case you mentioned...ass wiping...the problem is someone beaucrat could interpret that to mean using a brillo pad instead of toilet paper and then there would be more lawsuits.

BiB has it right in this case SESers are a pain in the ass. Most are former campaign folks that think they know something and cause more problems then they are worth. Even schedule Cs hate them.

Chicken and egg, cart before horse. But yeah, that would fix a lot. It would though, take ammo away from agenda-eers. The reality (I'll defer to possum on the half shell for elaboration) is that a lot of times it really isn't that difficult to get legislation that changes certain aspects of certain laws to fit emerging situations. Especially if it really doesn't affect some Congresscritter's interests. Only when as I said, it can be used as ammunition.

647017[/snapback]

I agree for the most part. Yet, we can't forget that most of those Congresscritters interests are the people in their district... Working men and woman.

It is easy to get all high and mighty... Yet, very hard to extract the "cancer" from these people without wiping out the good too.

Quite a quandry none the less.

Tell that to the illegal immigrants. :blink:

647032[/snapback]

I do see your point... You can only tell it to yourself... It starts there.

There are a lot of things that frustrates me and disempowers me, this isn't one.

Change starts at home.

See... Didn't even have to go to confession... Just say 1 Hail Mary... and be on your way.

:P

647017[/snapback]

There is the rub, if it is not a big issue and can be resolved realtively quietly without to much interference and no one sees it as something to politically take advantage of things can be fixed relatively quickly, but if it does, then the solution is probably SOL.

This is why effective friendly and trust worthy communications with the authorizing and appropriations subcommittee is important. They do not, and I repeat do not like to be surprised. Throw them a bone every once in a while and you keep everyone happy. They will eat out of your hand, but F with them and you can kiss your whole agenda good bye.

Now if they disagree, there are ways to get their attention and go around them, but you better be prepared for their anger and have a solution to mollify it with another alternative.

That is not what it meant. The law is the law... You still have to follow it.  Being a distinguished member of the military and citizen, you should know that.

You can't just throw the law out the window... Work to change the laws.  You gotta work within the parameters of the system.

646997[/snapback]

And that is the problem. People always want to get lawyers involved, and cannot say what they mean. Thanks for the help.

Mental Facility Watches Naked Man Leave

1.  OK, so the guy is a clown bucking for a freebie.

2.  So why didn't they call the police when he disrobed and walked out the door?

"The supervisor said the staff was in the process of getting approval for that call when police found the man."

You need APPROVAL to call the police?  Bureaucracy at its finest.  Sign me up for government health care, please.

646511[/snapback]

LOL, but still a biproduct of the Reagan Revolution...kicking out "harmless" mentally ill folks into the streets. Saved the government millions in mental health costs. Shoot if he had frozen to death the savings would have been greater.