I'm Betting Houston Is Moulds Landing Spot

Mark VI

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3755212.html

Houston wanted Givens bad but the big contract was too much. They want a vet WR, prior to the Draft. Moulds will realize he's out of options and like the fact McNair and Kubiak want him opposite Andre Johnson. They'll haggle a bit and the compensation will be agreed on.

That 1st pick of Draft Day 2 would be a decent player.

Houston wanted Givens bad but the big contract was too much. They want a vet WR, prior to the Draft.  Moulds will realize he's out of options and like the fact McNair and Kubiak want him opposite Andre Johnson. They'll haggle a bit and the compensation will be agreed on.

645511[/snapback]

Not to mention there'd be plenty of time to think about it!

Houston wanted Givens bad but the big contract was too much. They want a vet WR, prior to the Draft.  Moulds will realize he's out of options and like the fact McNair and Kubiak want him opposite Andre Johnson. They'll haggle a bit and the compensation will be agreed on.

645511[/snapback]

Gee, now there's a guess that's really going out on a limb!

Can everyone just stop posting meaningless topics on the Moulds situation until something is done. Thank you! Now, I'll go back to drinking my high-test coffee.....

Can everyone just stop posting meaningless topics on the Moulds situation until something is done.  Thank you!  Now, I'll go back to drinking my high-test coffee.....

645550[/snapback]

It was an updated news article from todays Houston paper.

Sorry I pissed in your Soup, junior.

645511[/snapback]

moulds for reggie bush, straight up

645511[/snapback]

I'd be very happy with the 1st pick of round 4. I recall being suprised last year that names like Dan Buenning & Elton Brown were still available at the beginning of day 2.

From the article linked above...

[The texans] want to enter the draft without a glaring need that might cause them to reach rather than select the highest-rated player on their board.

"If we're able to get the player we want at that position (receiver), I think it'll take a little pressure off the draft," Kubiak said. "If you go into the draft and say, 'I've got to have that player, or I've got to fill that need,' then all of a sudden you have no control on draft day.

"Sure, you're going to look for a certain position or two, but it sure helps in the draft process if you don't go in trying to fill all your needs."

There is a novel idea! Too bad no one at OBD is smart enough to figure this out. B-)

i know what you mean, but if we don't draft Ngata #8 the Bills will suck forever and never get a DT. oh, theres another 8 picks? in a draft deep with line talent? And Ngata isn't much better the the 2-5th guy on the list?

But I've already ordered my Ngata jersey and the sculptures are here to build the statue of him in my front lawn so I can bow and pray to our new saviour every morning.

Sorry if this has been hit on before, but if Houston wants Moulds, is there any chance of swapping our #8 for their #4, throwing in Moulds and our first third-round pick (and picking up Brick)?

By the draft chart, 4 overall is 1800 points and 8 is 1400, so we'd need to make up 400 points. If we give our first third round pick (72 overall), that's 230 points, leaving 170 points as the 'value' of Moulds -- a late third-rounder (20th pick, 84th overall). The overall value numbers seem to work, but any thoughts on it being possible?

No way. A much better trade would be EM straight up for Houston's #4 this year, their #1 in next year's draft, a box of tape, cash (we know Ralph needs it) and future considerations.

Git 'er done, Marv!

(Hey, if you can't beat the crowd on TSW, you might as well join them!)

;)

Can everyone just stop posting meaningless topics on the Moulds situation until something is done.  Thank you!  Now, I'll go back to drinking my high-test coffee.....

645550[/snapback]

Man, I've only had a chance to read a few of your posts but you are prick huh? You are on a message board. If you don't expect meaningless junk here you are an idiot.

T_R

Sorry if this has been hit on before, but if Houston wants Moulds, is there any chance of swapping our #8 for their #4, throwing in Moulds and our first third-round pick (and picking up Brick)? 

By the draft chart, 4 overall is 1800 points and 8 is 1400, so we'd need to make up 400 points.  If we give our first third round pick (72 overall), that's 230 points, leaving 170 points as the 'value' of Moulds -- a late third-rounder (20th pick, 84th overall).  The overall value numbers seem to work, but any thoughts on it being possible?

645834[/snapback]

Hmmmmm, this could be an option Houston might wanna trade the #4 pick for Moulds..........................

IF HOUSTON HAD THE #4 PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT. HOUSTON HAS THE #1 OVERALL PICK AND THE JETS HAVE THE #4.

So as for it being possible, I DOUBT IT

Do a bit of reading about the NFL then come up with some trade ideas

Listening to the rhetoric it appears the bridges are burned and Moulds will not play for the Bills this year. The Bills will look for any compensation in a trade deal that will allow the Bills to help decide where it is that Moulds goes. Levy floated a 4th out there as an ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to have him accept less to a.) ensure Moulds is out of the East, b.) get Moulds' contract off the cap, and c.) move on. I would expect that Levy will hold Moulds as long as it takes to convince those interested that the decision now is to trade Moulds. Despite the "we can wait 'til he's cut" mentality, there are teams that are desperate/crazy enough to do the trade to ensure they get Moulds. Houston's a prime example, as Moulds the free agent would obviously take less money to play for the Eagles (his clear desired destination, and why not?) than more money to play for Houston. I don't see Moulds as one to refuse a trade, so that may be the only scenario for Houston to be able to get Moulds...