Heading for Mongolia tomorrow

This will definitely come out wrong, and I apologize in advance if my condescending bluntness delivers this post wrong, but, well, they're poor and hungry and sick and destitute and for all intents and purposes, if these people really need God's help, wouldn't he have done it by now? Does he really wait for them to know he exists? Or pray to him? Does God kinda sit up there, looking at these people in need and think "Okay, folks, I can help you, but I need to hear the magic words, okay, people? Someone throw me a frickin' bone here."

I kid a little bit, but my question is still valid. I'm not challenging. I'm just curious.

644877[/snapback]

This is probably the worst thread ever for me to say this but here goes. That'll be why I don't believe in God and think organized religion is a bunch of hooey.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the worst thread ever for me to say this but here goes.  That'll be why I don't believe in God and think organized religion is a bunch of hooey.

644885[/snapback]

That will never stop me or others from helping you if you lose all.

Makes no sense, but there it is.

This is probably the worst thread ever for me to say this but here goes.  That'll be why I don't believe in God and think organized religion is a bunch of hooey.

644885[/snapback]

You're taking your chances Chef, you could end up in a place in the afterlife where they only serve an inferior merlot.

This will definitely come out wrong, and I apologize in advance if my condescending bluntness delivers this post wrong, but, well, they're poor and hungry and sick and destitute and for all intents and purposes, if these people really need God's help, wouldn't he have done it by now? Does he really wait for them to know he exists? Or pray to him? Does God kinda sit up there, looking at these people in need and think "Okay, folks, I can help you, but I need to hear the magic words, okay, people? Someone throw me a frickin' bone here."

I kid a little bit, but my question is still valid. I'm not challenging. I'm just curious.

644877[/snapback]

it's a great question.

i can state why i believe a loving God allows people to starve, die, be sick, and the whole long laundry list of things, but in the end, it is only my faith and my opinion, so my quess is....although you have posted this statement with the utmost respect, it is my response that i suspect you would challenge.

and since i don't ever want to be one to start a thread on religion that goes on for 17 pages and in the end, no one has a changed opinion, accept our opinions of one another.....lets end it before it starts.

i like too many people on this board that don't share my faith, and i don't see a reason to ignite a thread that cannot and will not end well.

it's a great question.

i can state why i believe a loving God allows people to starve, die, be sick, and the whole long laundry list of things, but in the end, it is only my faith and my opinion, so my quess is....although you have posted this statement with the utmost respect, it is my response that i suspect you would challenge.

and since i don't ever want to be one to start a thread on religion that goes on for 17 pages and in the end, no one has a changed opinion, accept our opinions of one another.....lets end it before it starts.

i like too many people on this board that don't share my faith, and i don't see a reason to ignite a thread that cannot and will not end well.

644895[/snapback]

That's fair enough, but I can promise my intent is not to challenge, but to understand better. On the other hand, if it was really that important to me, I'd have sought out an answer long before now. I was just interested in your earlier comments.

You're taking your chances Chef, you could end up in a place in the afterlife where they only serve an inferior merlot.

644894[/snapback]

Hey I used to drink cheap Polish vodka straight out of the bottle. So what's a little inferior merlot for an eternity. Remember I worked in the kitchen, we only got the leftover swill and were damn glad to get it.

Hey I used to drink cheap Polish vodka straight out of the bottle.  So what's a little inferior merlot for an eternity.  Remember I worked in the kitchen, we only got the leftover swill and were damn glad to get it.

644909[/snapback]

The Bison? Charcoal filtered Vodka from Poland?

Hey I used to drink cheap Polish vodka straight out of the bottle.  So what's a little inferior merlot for an eternity.  Remember I worked in the kitchen, we only got the leftover swill and were damn glad to get it.

644909[/snapback]

Poor me. I was the dishwasher and all I got was the leftover calamari. :unsure:

Poor me. I was the dishwasher and all I got was the leftover calamari. :unsure:

644951[/snapback]

Really?? When I was a dishwasher I got all sorts of stuff. As a dishwasher you can disappear more often than you can as a cook. Bong hits and pony Millers in the store room. My dad only caught us once. Good times!